When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 292 J for H-Factory or N-Factory

nobody

Some time ago I made a few photo's of a Gen and rep next to each other. The angle of the bezel was different and the anodized case-back.

I made them with my phone. If someone likes it I can look them up.

Please do share!

I've bought a dozen watches from them over the last few years, so she knows me...and that I have a lot of gens. No way shed call me out, but I normally wouldn't be that brazen. This rep is just that good.

I've seen many reviews that all say the N factory version is better than the H factory version. So your AD couldn't spot the H factory bright white lettering? Supposedly the PIG logo is better on the H factory but the N factory has the proper off white color...hmmmm decisions decisions :g:

post-53458-137014801873.jpg

Look at the N and H comparison. For me it was no contest. The watch feels genuine in every way. It even winds the same. (Try a gen, you'll see what I mean.) forget the pig logo. It loos great. There are less than 1000 gen, so don't worry about someone thinking the texture is off MAYBE a little.

It's a $9k watch. Spend the extra $100.

Hi guys, first and foremost what a forum you've got here!!! Amazing!!

Well, needles to say, newbie here on reps.

I have actually started thinking about them after armed robberies involving gen watches substantially increased where I live.

In fact, even if driving an armored car (largest market on the globe) you're subject to lose your precious gen once you step out.... right?

Oh, yeah, I live in Brazil...

I did some research to find out Kuvarist http://www.kuvarsit.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=31912

and TrustyTime http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=9648

to have the best versions on 292 PAMs, plus good reputation as trusted dealers.

I was wondering if anyone could share opinions on both quality and delivery of these items.

Kuvarist's is listed for $398 while TTime $ 268

Many Thanks!!

Thanks apcollector, but I actually thought the Kuvarist was N factory, since it's NOOB referenced (couldn't tell on TrustyTime's rep).

I did notice the 2013 update on PureTime (questionable though), but left it off my selection due to the lack of official reference as a trusted dealer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, PV

Puretime is a TD here and all the other forums as far as I know. That aside, I have been considering the 292J for months, and after researching all I could find, I was seriously leaning toward the Noob, but the price seemed a bit steep at $400. Fast forward to this week. I decided to check what was new at some of my favorite TD's and noticed that both Toro and Angus have the Noob 292's on sale. I also read a post from Angus somewhere stating that Noob was discontinuing the model due to slow sales and that if you want one, you should grab it before they are gone. Placed my order yesterday with Toro and approved my QC pics today. Now to see if I can find a OEM buffalo strap! I will post photos and impressions when it arrives. If your on the fence, I would take advantage of the sales price NOW just incase Noob does indeed stop making them.

Edited by jamesfl

Puretime is a TD here and all the other forums as far as I know. That aside, I have been considering the 292J for months, and after researching all I could find, I was seriously leaning toward the Noob, but the price seemed a bit steep at $400. Fast forward to this week. I decided to check what was new at some of my favorite TD's and noticed that both Toro and Angus have the Noob 292's on sale. I also read a post from Angus somewhere stating that Noob was discontinuing the model due to slow sales and that if you want one, you should grab it before they are gone. Placed my order yesterday with Toro and approved my QC pics today. Now to see if I can find a OEM buffalo strap! I will post photos and impressions when it arrives. If your on the fence, I would take advantage of the sales price NOW just incase Noob does indeed stop making them.

Thanks jamesfl, look forward to seeing the pictures!

As per forums TD's lists I could find Puretime did not 'officialy' appear, even though they claim to be in business since 2002 and I've already read great reviews about Angus.

Still, it's the only dealer that shows "added on" status (2013-04-20 for the PAM292), and for a newbie like myself that kind of info makes me believe that not only they do have the latest but possibly the cheapest N version out there $ 318.00 (no Pig though). I'm also considering adding a brown asso strap to it. You said yours came from Toro ($318.00 as well), any particular reason for choosing him or just price?

OP, Trust me, Angus is a TD here and has been for much longer than I have been a member. It seems you a kind of new here, so it might be helpful to know that Angus and Toro are the go to TD's for Noob watches and Josh and Andrew are the go to TD's for H-factory. Keep in mind that does not mean that they can not get the other factory watches. I have bought several watches from both Toro and Angus and highly recommend them both. I will definitely use both in the future. Sometimes one of them can get me a watch that the other can't at that time. Both usually have the same watches at the same price as is the case with the 292J w/ pig dial. I chose Toro this time as I haven't dealt with him in awhile and he has always treated me very well and usually gets me what I need very quickly. I ordered and paid last nite and had QC pics waiting for me in the morning when I awoke. Talk about great service!! Toro would have already shipped the watch, but I asked him to wait as I may add another watch to my order. As for the date added you referred on the PT website, that is probably the date they updated the price to the sale price. I would recommend emailing the TD to confirm availability of a watch before placing an order. It will help alleviate the frustration of getting an email telling you the watch is out of stock and to please make another choice. At least most of the time. ;) And as a newbie, the MOST IMPORTANT RULE you should know is that if you ever have an issue with a TD, do NOT start a Paypal dispute as that just screws things up for the other members of the forum as well as the TD. Any issues should be handled directly with the TD and if that fails to work, contact a Moderator. If you need more help, feel free to PM me.

Edited by jamesfl
  • Like 2

Hmmm, sorry for the delay. Just forgot about it,...

Here some iPhone photo's I took from a genuine 292 and a replica. As you can see they look pretty much the same, but the angle of the bezel is clearly different and also the anodized back. Unfortunately I don't know which type of rep this was.

img2541m.jpg

img2542d.jpg

img2543op.jpg

img2550xt.jpg

Here another nicer photo from the watch:

5393520228_e89123b8ba_b.jpg

Edited by Bidle
  • Like 1

OP, Trust me, Angus is a TD here and has been for much longer than I have been a member. It seems you a kind of new here, so it might be helpful to know that Angus and Toro are the go to TD's for Noob watches and Josh and Andrew are the go to TD's for H-factory. Keep in mind that does not mean that they can not get the other factory watches. I have bought several watches from both Toro and Angus and highly recommend them both. I will definitely use both in the future. Sometimes one of them can get me a watch that the other can't at that time. Both usually have the same watches at the same price as is the case with the 292J w/ pig dial. I chose Toro this time as I haven't dealt with him in awhile and he has always treated me very well and usually gets me what I need very quickly. I ordered and paid last nite and had QC pics waiting for me in the morning when I awoke. Talk about great service!! Toro would have already shipped the watch, but I asked him to wait as I may add another watch to my order. As for the date added you referred on the PT website, that is probably the date they updated the price to the sale price. I would recommend emailing the TD to confirm availability of a watch before placing an order. It will help alleviate the frustration of getting an email telling you the watch is out of stock and to please make another choice. At least most of the time. ;) And as a newbie, the MOST IMPORTANT RULE you should know is that if you ever have an issue with a TD, do NOT start a Paypal dispute as that just screws things up for the other members of the forum as well as the TD. Any issues should be handled directly with the TD and if that fails to work, contact a Moderator. If you need more help, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for all tips, very helpful!

Definitely going for it today. IMHO, the pig is on the original looks crisper then the rep, but then again, there are only a 1,000 of this around..... keep you posted!

I seriously doubt you will be able to discern the difference with the naked eye. At least not with my eyes! Lol

Hehehehe agreed...

I'm adding the brown asso strap from Toro as well, then I found this http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_53&product_id=772 - the 292N version 2 with the asso strap included.

Comparing it to J, did notice some differences in finish and dimensions:

• PAM292N01 Ceramic Case vs. PAM292J02

Ceramic Case BRUSHED finish;

• PAM292N01 45mm x 13.8mm vs. PAM292J02 45mm x 15mm

Last but not least, I have an 7.9 wrist.

Should I go for the XL asso strap or the regular will do??

Like I said, here's a PIG logo comparison between GEN , H maker and Noob that I found.

Don't think it's a big deal since they're all black on black, and possibly 0.6mm by 0.3mm right?

PIGCOMPARACIONGEN-NOOB-HMAKERcopiar.jpg

Nice, but not all gen pigs are exact the same!! Like on some the heads are flatter.

Edited by Bidle