When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black or Green? SubC Decisions...

fidhle007

Hi Guys!

I'm thinking it's time to pull the trigger on a SubC now that the BP maker subs seem to have come up to my standards. They will not be without mods I'm sure but I need to decide what to start with! I'm looking for opinions from you guys who have seen the BP Ceramics: Which is better, the Hulk or the Black sub? I already have a 16800 and a 16610 so an 116610 would be a nice compliment to it's two older brothers but on the other hand, St Paddy's is coming up and being a fiddle player I have several gigs that I could wear my Hulk to!

So what do you guys think, Black or Green?

Thanks!

Brendan

I have an extra gen crown in my toolbox (the proper 704 monoblock one too!) that would really set that watch off! I've been looking at some pictures of the gen and it honestly doesn't look like the crown guards will need that much modding, just a tube that pushes the crown out half a mm or so and a gen crown and you'd have a solid watch!

i saw a genuine green ceramic yesterday at a Rolex dealer . I was in a hurry and really didn't get to handle it. Looks pretty nice, but my feeling it's a watch that would not get a lot of wear. One of these is fine for the Rolex owner that has lots of money and several other Rolex watches to wear. personally, It's not for me, but then, very few of the newer models appeal to me

Go for the black, 007. I have to agree with sigfrieds. Like you I was also interested in the new BP hulk subc. Unfortunately though, after looking at the rep and gen side by side, its very noticeable that the although the dial color is spot on, the bezel color is incredibly off. Imo it makes the finish look grainy and rather cheap. I'm going for the black myself, and as for the pics that sigfriends posted, that's pretty much the closest to gen you're going to get. Personally I don't think the new BP needs any mods whatsoever, unless of course you're one of those that is a true aficianado. In that case, I suggest the bezel mod, just to make the markers a nice platinum finish. But that's ALL!