When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Seized :(

Rk100

There were a few seized in the USA a few years ago, Some of the dealers were "hiding" the watches inside toys and animals. Have you heard of X-rays, perchance? About this time, Rolex USA was raising holy hell with the feds, especially the US customs, as reps were flooding in, mostly cheap reps that were being sold on the street, at flea markets, etc.

I haven't heard of one being seized in the USA in a while though.

Fedex and UPS are safe for the UK. EMS goes through Parcelforce and gets checked by detain-uk and another mom-n-pop outlet I forgot the name. If you want to get it back there is a thread on RWI about what kind of communication to send. Basically they have no right to destroy your property whether rep or not..

The law says it's illegal. This is the consequencefor importing illegal goods :(

So Andrew finally replied and he said he will try to reship another watch via DHL or FEDEX. Been receiving mixed reviews about both of them so who knows. Hope it doesn't get seized again. Provided a different address. If I don't get it this time, thing I'll retire from the rep game. Fingers crossed.

Sounds good.  Hope it gets to you unscathed.

BTW - did you get QC pics on the reship?

Detain uk seems a new one ,last year TM eye seem to be the company sending out the dreaded seized by customs letters if I remember rightly .Just a note, I got a Pam from toro at Christmas sent by DHL and on the description was "WATCH " so it really is a lottery.Good luck everyone .

Update: No reply from Andrew about reshipping watch...might send him a nudge.

Detain-uk: There is a post in the following link where Detain-uk actually took the guy to court!!! Here is the link to his posts. I don't know what the outcome to his story was though despite other people offering him help.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/uk-customs-seizures-113838p22.html?highlight=Detain-uk

See posts by "Cantona"