When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To My Fellow Rwg Members...

Richard Tracy

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and or, Holiday Season If this is one for you ! ! :group:

I am personally thankful for this fantastic community of watch lovers, the new releases we have

enjoyed this year, and to this new city that my family and I have moved to, which boasts clean air

friendly people, and so many new and scenic roads to explore ! ^_^

Thanks RT, and the same to you, and to the rest our terrific little community.

The other day I volunteered for a shift at a local food bank. It was my first time doing that. My first task was helping organize recent donations. My first impression was "Man, they have a lot of food in this warehouse and on the shelves." But then the lines opened, and in my section (one of five on this line) I was instructed to give clients each one can of broth, one can of cling peaches, and one can of olives -- plus two discretionary items off the shelves behind me, which help a variety of raw or prepackaged rice, beans, canned fruit, and condiments. People came through with boxes that had the number of household members written on the side (to let us volunteers spot larger families so we could give them more than the minimum allotments). Other stations had turkeys (or portions for smaller families), breakfast items, and other goods. But overall my initial impression (that this was a ton of food) changed to a realization that this isn't much food for all the families of two or four or six that we were serving. I assume the food pantry is a supplement to grocery-purchased items for many or most of these people, but still it was very sobering. There was never a pause in the line during my three-hour shift. And the same number come through every day of the week.

I was exhausted by the time I went home, and my back ached from bending over to pick up cans from the crates in front of me. So I stopped at the store and picked up a premade meal (gourmet by most standards) before heading home to my beautiful, comfortable house and my all around tremendous life.

We all have a tremendous amount to be grateful for.

We here in the old part of the globe don't spend "thanksgiving" (whatever American nonsense that is) but HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my good American friends anyway!!! :lol:

I think it's giving thanks for surviving another year away from us. :D

Happy Turkey And Syphilis Day!

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::animal_rooster::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy: