When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my franken wm9 in the sun

Erict719

If you say you have a gen insert and wonder if the bezel assembly is gen, then I have to ask, did the gen insert fit straight in, or did you have to sand it down?  If you had to sand it down to fit, the the bezel assembly could well be rep.  I maybe wrong, but this is how I understand it.

If you say you have a gen insert and wonder if the bezel assembly is gen, then I have to ask, did the gen insert fit straight in, or did you have to sand it down? If you had to sand it down to fit, the the bezel assembly could well be rep. I maybe

wrong, but this is how I understand it.

No clue at all.. Brought it this way for a long time before. I just did the tc v3. but the bezel teeth looks sharp to me compare to others

GREAT looking Sub Brother.

I love the Flat 4 insert :)

A few side profile shots of the bezel would better help identify it.

As STEEL said if the insert had to be sanded, shaved or modded in any way it's not a gen bezel ring.

Gen inserts fit the WM9 v3 and TC v4 very well (at least they have on the ones I've owned) but even then they needed some help from a crystal press on the TC v4's.

If the watch came to that way and there was no mention of a gen bezel assembly it's likely not a gen assembly.

Nice used gen assemblies (without the insert) in good to excellent condition tend to run about 450.00 + these days.

I've got 3 or 4 of them for the 16800 and the 16610's and I can't see myself installing one and failing to mention it....the price of the watch when sold would reflect that upgrade.

The pervious member got it as a set with bezel assembly but uninstalled. So I am not sure if he installed it on this one when he sell it to me haha

flat 4 is so classic.

do you guys wear it loose or tight ?

I like to wear mine snug so I put in on an Everest EH-1S and love it

It will fit straight on but is it really an upgrade? I was under the impression the TC dial was very similar to the WM9 dials... I have a TC dial in my 16610 now but it's getting swapped for a gen as soon as my movement ring and new handset

arrives.

I really don't want this upgrade as extra money, but my dial came bad.. Marker at 6 looks like a noob replacement with weak lume and look super off. another marker have lume over the marker surrounding... it's a big part to get call out .

A nice looking sub.

hi mj mj ! It's good for you to came in. I believe this watch was original from you, I am a few owner after. as I saw picture in your older post, I can tell from the dial that its the same watch.

I am wondering if you remember where u first got this watch, since bk shouldn't have QC like this for the dial .