When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comparison Gen. vs Rep deployant

rionrlty

Here is a comparison betwee Gen and Rep deployant and band size.  Mine came with a replica black lea. strap and deployant, and it is more comfortable and I prefer it to the SS bracelet. But the SS looks so awesome. I actually have an aftermarket strap with an original Breitling deployant that I used on my Serie Speciale also and here are some comparison shots.  The Gen is on the left and rep on the right. Both the rep and gen lea band are 22mm at the lugs, but the rep is 20mm at the deployant, and the gen is only 18mm. The gen deployant is much smaller, more rounded and more finished looking too. Note the engraved emblem.  The rep is better than most but is really different from gen.  I think the rep. deployant was probably created for the larger watches like the Avenger. rionrlty

post-51783-0-89877800-1363484390_thumb.j

post-51783-0-51287300-1363484396_thumb.j

post-51783-0-40524400-1363484401_thumb.j

post-51783-0-84861100-1363484500_thumb.j

Hi Ssteel, I had the same thought when I compared them.  Whats missing here is a gen example of the larger 20mm deployant to get a better comparison.  This deployant came on a late 90's genuine Super Ocean with blue dial that I had.  I also had a rep Super Ocean at the time to compare it to and for it's day it was one of the best reps around.  I still have the SO but I later sold the gen but kept the deployant which was on a thrashed gen Breitling brown leather strap.  Anyone out there got a gen 20mm deployant so we can compare?  rionrlty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...