When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

45mm Planet Ocean

www_watch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree! I wish there was a third party ar solution...

I disagree about the AR not being as important as the hands/dial. That being said, the dial on your 6th gen is flawed, in terms of the Omega logo being way oversized....so I should qualify my comment about the importance of AR by saying that- assuming the dial is "close enough" (which the 4th gen 42mm and this ultimate version are)- then the AR is by far the more significant issue.

I love this watch, but until there's either a relatively cheap aftermarket AR solution available, or the dealers start offering a full AR mod (I've heard that atleast one of them is considering this?), I don't think I'll go for it.

When you see the real watch, you can hardly tell there's a crystal even there- that's how good the double-sided AR is on the gen. People talk about how getting proper lume on their rep is the most important 'flaw' to get corrected. I disagree. If it's night or dark, no one can even see what watch you're wearing, so it's largely irrelevant in that context. Functionally, yes it would be nice, and it's definitely second on the list of improvements- but the AR issue is clearly the biggest issue with reps in my eyes at this point.

It's a very clear difference with some reps. For some, it's not as important- but for this Omega, it's a huge giveaway, IMO.