When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 243 - Adjust tightness of bezel, and if lucky clicks

swdivad

Got my PAM243 from Joshua last month... excellent awesome watch for sure... now my daily :-)

One thing that bugs me is that the bezel is just a little bit too easy to rotate; Does anyone know a way to tighten this up just a hair or two?

I don't know the mechanism, but there are 120 clicks in this bezel... would it at all be possible to change parts to make it click 60 like gen?

Wrap dental floss twice up under the bezel and it will work like a charm. It takes a little patience to wedge it up in there but it works like a charm. I used wax floss but not really sure if it matters. If you search dental floss mod you will see more about it.

+1

But given the construction used on these newer subs it might be worth taking it off to see the issue...its probaly the retainer is loose or slightly off kilter

the short answer is to get a sharp knife, cover up the case & lugs with tape, and then slowly pry the rotating bezel off. the bezel is just a piece of hollow metal.. beneath, you'll find a rotating mechanism.. but 120 clicks is off.. the gen is 60 clicks.