When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC contract work

id_mac

Concepta and Hacra are the ones that can supply IWC parts. They are getting extremely difficult to source so patience is required for this project.

However, you may be out of luck with the -31. I am fairly certain that the dial is no longer available at the moment ;)

Edited by Guest

Concepta and Hacra are the ones that can supply IWC parts. They are getting extremely difficult to source so patience is required for this project.

However, you may be out of luck with the -31. I am fairly certain that the dial is no longer available at the moment ;)

+1 what diaby say :)

Ive always loved the style of this model, but havent bought it yet. Whats the gen going for now a days? 

Your best bet if you want to build one is to try to slowly source the parts and then just have it assembled. Im not sure how Concepta got his hands on all those gen parts, unless he had someone at IWC hooking him up but you might be able to find the parts you want through other fourms and ebay

Used gen is about $4500 for the older models, $5000 for newer ones.

New gen from AD is about $6000 if you shop around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for all your feedback! I think you're right. Finding all the different parts will be extremely difficult. 

I found a japanese website (baghall.net), selling the IWC 3714-31. Judging from the pictures, the quality looks pretty good.

Also, it has cal.79350 movement and a strap that looks well crafted. Might order it from this site and give you a short review.

post-51375-0-59180600-1364739606_thumb.j

post-51375-0-34098300-1364740558_thumb.j

Edited by id_mac

Thanks for all your feedback! I think you're right. Finding all the different parts will be extremely difficult.

I found a japanese website (baghall.net), selling the IWC 3714-31. Judging from the pictures, the quality looks pretty good.

Also, it has cal.79350 movement and a strap that looks well crafted. Might order it from this site and give you a short review.

post-51375-0-59180600-1364739606_thumb.j

post-51375-0-34098300-1364740558_thumb.j

The quality should look good, becouse that is a picture of a gen 3714-31 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're serious about this watch and could care less about money and don't want to wait, here is one that seems like its still for sale:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=188375

If you opt for a gen, I'd recommend an AD or boutique. Unless you really trust that website, better to play it safe

Isn't that too pricey considering it doesnt have a gen case and crystal?

If you're serious about this watch and could care less about money and don't want to wait, here is one that seems like its still for sale:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=188375

If you opt for a gen, I'd recommend an AD or boutique. Unless you really trust that website, better to play it safe

Isn't that too pricey considering it doesnt have a gen case and crystal?

Not sure really.

The gen has case, crown, hands, etc... all in white gold.  The ardoise dial is also much pricer than the other dials.  

This franken should definitely be pricier due to the dial alone.  But the gen -31 white gold crown and ardoise index ring is more expensive than the gen stainless steel crown and black index ring.  Not sure which gen parts this franken has.

Edited by Guest