When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor should have its own section

aeromatic

Does anyone think that tudor deserves its own section? tudor is getting big on this forum more and more tudor builds are taking up space on the rolex section

Tudor as we all know has a very colourful past and collectors no longer view these tudors as a cheaper rolex prices have been creeping up to rolex prices take the price of tudor black bay and pelagos and the vintage models

post-27094-0-97995800-1364736449_thumb.j

post-27094-0-54175600-1364736536_thumb.j

post-27094-0-34418700-1364736604_thumb.j

post your favorite tudor Gen ,franken,rep and fantasy tudor !

How do we have a poll  ? never done that before sounds good!

Aeromatic, have you thought about adding a poll so folks could vote yes or no for a separate Tudor section?  It definitely has my yes vote.  Just a thought.

I would love a gen blue tudor insert or at least a correct true tudor blue !

Thanks aero!  I'm loving the blue insert.  That's a great snowflake you have there.  Its on my list of must haves.

Your version too is on my list of haves along with the 7924 ! :)

Thanks aero!  I'm loving the blue insert.  That's a great snowflake you have there.  Its on my list of must haves.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Here are mine

7924 big Crown

7924 Wristie.jpg

7016 with "lollipop" second hand

7016 Wristie.jpg

9411/0 Gen

Tudor 9411aa.jpg

Great collection 153! A big crown is also on my wish list. Where did you find that lollipop? Cool vintage rarity.

lollipop came from justasgood I sent it to ziggy who vintage lumed the dial/hands. The handset came from classic watch parts

I love all of the tudors ! Lol! but i ran out of positive quoters for today mabe they should auction them off lol!

Edited by aeromatic

Super tudors that big crown is in my heart i better start a tudor big crown soon !

I agree to this please.

photosnow2.jpg

In the past the admin team has always debated long and hard before adding another section as the opening and brand pages pages of the web site can quickly become too cluttered. My initial thought when I read this is that Tudor is a subsidiary brand of Rolex and that in truth beyond a few vintage models there aren't a lot of new developments. I do love seeing the projects when people show them of course. Other than iterations of already existing vintage models (snowflakes, roses, and baseball plate models) does anyone anticipate there will be newer models that are coming out? This is my 2 cents and not based on any discussion by the admin team.

In the past the admin team has always debated long and hard before adding another section as the opening and brand pages pages of the web site can quickly become too cluttered. My initial thought when I read this is that Tudor is a subsidiary brand of Rolex and that in truth beyond a few vintage models there aren't a lot of new developments. I do love seeing the projects when people show them of course. Other than iterations of already existing vintage models (snowflakes, roses, and baseball plate models) does anyone anticipate there will be newer models that are coming out? This is my 2 cents and not based on any discussion by the admin team.

There has been some talk that Tudor will reintroduce their watches in the USA. that could well increase Tudors exposure and base. Frankly, the new ones that have been introduced in the past few years don't do anything for me. I'm a big fan of the vintage models, but the contemporary ones leave me pretty cold. 

I certainly see your point about the addition of another brand section. i believe that it would be easier to justify if it were a completely seperate brand, rather than a watch "family" within another brand. If brand forums were opened without a great deal of consideration, i could see the forums brand section 2 pages long with 50-75 brands. What happens then is very evident on WUS. Practically every notable (And some not so notable!!) brand is represented in either the official brand or regular brand forum. Problem is some of the less well known brands may have just a few people who post on a reguar basis, and then usually when a new model is released. Case in point, I went to the Ocean7 forum on WUS last night,the last post htere was 10 days old. Sometimes there is a flurry of activity when a popular new model is announced or about to be introduced. once it's out and in the hands of folks within a fairly short time, the posting goes back to the routine of a few posts  per week. Pretty hard to justify a brand forum if it's not going to be utilized any more than some are over on WUS.

Does anyone think that tudor deserves its own section? tudor is getting big on this forum more and more tudor builds are taking up space on the rolex section

Tudor as we all know has a very colourful past and collectors no longer view these tudors as a cheaper rolex prices have been creeping up to rolex prices take the price of tudor black bay and pelagos and the vintage models

attachicon.gifTUDOR snowflake 94010 027.JPG

attachicon.gifTUDOR snowflake 94010 024.JPG

attachicon.gifTUDOR snowflake 94010 022.JPG

post your favorite tudor Gen ,franken,rep and fantasy tudor !

My dearest friend aero...i wouldn't agree less n u have my YES  4 a new section about tudors. This brand should b separated from rolex area just because...n that's my humble opinion...the use of eta movements on most fine projects is much closer to the gen tudor itself. Here r my fantasy tuds saying hello to all. Fantasy yes, but fantastic on t wrist.Hey stanislas...does this no guard remind u of something? I wonder who stole who's idea for a ceramic bezel insert...LOL :Jumpy:  Believe me man...this project was finished 4 months ago n i saw your's just minutes ago...wow! ...great work :clap3: 

untitled.jpg

Edited by George Loiz
  • Like 1