When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ToroBravo question

fraggle42

Hi all,

I'm considering ordering an Ebel Chrono SS/SS Yellow hands and noticed this message in the description:-

"Dear customers, please note that we do not send QC pictures for this watch. Upon request we will charge full price"

Which is a bit odd to me? There's nothing on the page saying the price ($268) isn't the full price, or what the full price is?

I know Toro is an active member here and one of the fave TDs, so I'm guessing someone here will know why no QC pics and what it means about the full price? (which will save me asking the man himself as I've no doubt he's busy :) )

Take a look back but I believe he had some sort of crazy sale relating to that particular Ebel watch and it was substantially cheaper than the original price. I don't know if the $268 is the original price and it is substantially less (ergo the no QC pics) or that reflects the marked down one. You might just shoot him a PM or email and ask what the price currently is.

I definitely agree with ExtraExtra. The watch might not even be available any longer as the sale last year may have been a final push by the factory to get rid of the remaining inventory before discontinuing the model.

Edited by jamesfl

Sent him an email yesterday lunchtime, waiting on a reply.

I've heard from another RWG member that these were end of line watches, so if they're not making them anymore I might be better off waiting for an earlier one to come up in the sales forum.

Lets wait and see :)

I got one of these and it had all the flaws of an end of the run special. SEL fit was horrendous and the movement worked for about 2 days. Poor MD2020 has been struggling to make it run for months. Finally got it working and one of the hands split trying to put them back on. I'm hopeful one day it will return and I can fix the SEL fit with my dremmel and maybe have a great watch. It was a good looking sucker.

• Like 1

Glad you're happy with it.

I've had no reply yet from Toro, no reply from a query sent weeks ago to pure time, and Joshua has gone quiet again after I rejected the QC pics of the first Tag.

I have all the best luck :)

Richard