When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What version 288k do I have?

redroom

I recently picked up this 288k and wanted to know what version it is, and what the flaws are. I really love the watch and if there is a better version id like to know if its worth upgrading. My only complaints on this one is that the AR and lume could be stronger.

post-7983-136484208558.jpg

post-7983-136484210708.jpg

Those pics arent great for the tells mate but solely going by the back shot of the crown its a V2 a7750

Flaws vary between the V1 a7750 (plus some V1 batch variations) V2 a7750 and V2 ST19

Edited by PeteM

I take it back its a V1

The lume issue could be one of 2 things

Variation in consistency

Or

Simply age ( you will find all reps lume don't stay as strong after a year or two.

It's been discussed in respect of the 111s etc but is equally as valid with an even older model like these V1s

AR is possibly weaker because of consistency again or you are comparing it to the newer better quality AR that makers are doing

Howeve I can say the AR on mine is pretty close to gen setting aside crystal quality and lume is still strong but not as long lasting as it was.

Ah ok that helps. And you're right - I'm comparing AR and lume to the latest models. The lume on the 288k isn't bad but not exactly torch like although it lasts a surprisingly long time and AR is good but not at all angles. So my last question - is it worth getting the very latest from Toro?

No mate the latest are pretty poor in comparison... especially the ST19s

There is an inbetween version I guess you would call it the V1.5 but basically it was the left over parts of the V1 and some of the newer parts from V2 most notably the crown and case.. plus there were variations on lume and AR etc as I mention but thats not version related more consistency

I was just looking at my V1 as I havent had it out the box in while... I think its time to sell it as I never wear it...

And as an after thought I recommend that anyone with one gets the aftermarket wires and screws as they are much better than the rep ones..especially the screws..

There are a few places that sell them..

if in US then Panatime is an option

Or if EU then search on eBay there is a UK seller with them ..'watch obsession'...

I have had both but prefer the WO ones though they could be same source but updated since I had Panatimes... not sure

But defintely an improvement especially with the 'bic mod' on the wires..