When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Middleold watch addict, new to the forum...

...but not so new to reps anymore :)

Hi happy.gif

I´m a watch addict since several years now and am a so called "flipper".
I always buy and sell and buy and sell and I´m always on the hunt for "the collection".
I had some very nice watches which seemed to be, at least, the start of my exit collection...but (there is always a but eye.gif )...there are some watches that I´ll never own as a gen since they are simply to expensive for me sad.gif.

I tried with hommage watches like Steinhart, Davosa and else...no way...they look similar but at the end they are a just look-a-like and easier to spot even for a non-watch-addict.

So I asked myself...why not try to buy a replica...and...i found out...without even a little knowledge I don´t have to send my money somewhere...it´s easier to throw it into the bin...

So with that "knowledge" I started to read and learn and read and learn...(to be continued)...

Meanwhile I managed to buy a regmariner LV which is pretty nice for the money and a really good start I guess.
I too bought a "16610 Superrep" but this one needs some love since the mvmnt has some trouble.

Good thing for me is that I live only a few km from where Domi is located and the previous owner will cover the costs.

And...I purchased three watches from Andrew (TT)...one is already on its way :)

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=10112

since the 1675 are not in stock yet I decided to change my previous order and switched to a 16750...waiting for QC pix now...

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=249

and only because I´ve read a lot about the superb out of the box qualitiy of the actual ultimate superlumed SD I had to order one

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=9085

And...last but not least...I decided to stay with this, sort of, new hobby for a while and upgraded to platinum today :)

Hi Doc, Welcome to the madhouse mate  :inverted:  Some great choices you have there and bloody hell your a lucky guy living so close to a great watchsmith ;)  

Congrats on the Platinum upgrade and for your lovely avatar too  :notworthy:  Enjoy ! 

Well..I love my avatar too B)

Saturday is the day I´m going to meet Domi in person and hopefully he´s able to fix the problem on my 16610 in seconds ;)

And a second good thing is the latest status of my first watch from Andrew :) :

2013-04-09  08:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM O22634  Arrival at Delivery Office  

Should be with me latest next week I guess...maybe end of this week :notworthy:

• Like 1