When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New member from Wisconsin

Just wanted to stop and say hi.  I'm slowly updating my profile information.  

A little background info:

I'm graduating shortly with my BS in Kinesiology. I am going to be getting my Doctorate of Physical Therapy afterwards, but my parents want to get me a nice watch as a graduation present.  I am very partial to Germany (the history, guns, country, everything…) and was looking for a nice German made watch.  I know it may be hard, but the budget is somewhere around $1200 US.  At this point, I'm purely open to brands, and I'll take the time to browse through collections.  In the time I've spent researching, I've found that there are a lot of "German made" watches that have swiss movements (Steinhart).  I actually really like the Steinhart watches but noticed they are all "Swiss Made" with swiss movements.  

Also, I've never had a hand wound watch.  Are there any advantages/disadvantages to automatic watches over the hand wound watches? Any input welcome...

Figured I'd ask the pros here to see if I could get any help!

Thanks! 

Edited by Fantail_Fanatic

It would be good to know what kind of watch you are looking for...Diver, Dresswatch, Aviator...Chrono, GMT, Complication...handwound, automatic, quarz...

There are a lot of German watches that'll fit your budgets.

But which one will fit your needs?

It would be good to know what kind of watch you are looking for...Diver, Dresswatch, Aviator...Chrono, GMT, Complication...handwound, automatic, quarz...

There are a lot of German watches that'll fit your budgets.

But which one will fit your needs?

I've really taken a liking to the German Pilot watches.  I like a chunky watch like the Vollmer, with leather straps.  The search continues! 

my vote is for sinn; i picked up my sinn u2 (which is a nice chunky watch) for under $1,500 (it was still under warranty as well).

as for more of a pilot's watch, here is an option from sinn that isn't too far from your price range:

http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Sinn-356-Flieger-Acrylic-on-Strap-4p357.htm

good luck with the search; report back on what you end up getting :victory:

deltatahoe

ps, and congrats on your degree :1a: