When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DG3804 vs 7750 hand sizes., and raffles time question

sneed12

Been messing with a custom build--want to do an ETA movement in a Seiko diver case with aftermarket dial, and use GMT bits from a rep GMT Master II. We all know that the GMT wheel on the modded 2836 isn't standardized by any means, I've seen many different designs. The one I want to use has the "jump hour" feature.

I did some digging in my drawer of spare hands and didn't find any that fit. 2893 hands are too small (no surprise) and the rep GMT hands I have are all too big. Also, a DG3804 hand was too big.

However, oddly enough, a 7750 hour hand fit perfectly. I looked it up and the 7750 hour hand has a 2.00mm hole.

Here's the weird part: the DG3804 supposedly also uses a 2.00mm hole for the GMT hand. What gives? I know that many of the rep 2836 GMT movements used a 210 hole, so I assumed that the DG was the same and that's why it was too big... Does anyone know I'd the DG movement sometimes uses different sizes? If so, does anyone know what hole size I will get if I order a raffles tile GMT hand for a DG?

The ETA 2893-2 and the Gen Rolex GMT 4th hands are the same at 1.7mm. 

The DG3804B and the GMT converted ETA take the 2.0mm GMT 4th hands. 

There were some older DG and ETA conversions that took a 2.2mm, but haven't seen that for a couple of years. 

I have turned down both ETA and DG pinions to take smaller sized hands. 

The Rafflestime GMT hands are 2.0mm for DG and converted ETA.