When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam029 on e@ay

gvln68

Says it was purchased at an authorised Panerai dealer, yeah right, and this is from someone with feedback of 3, all for purchases on ebay of 99 cents each lol

more like a trusted dealer!

Im exicited because have one of these on its way to me from sixx. Cant wait!!

I'm not doubting you, but I'm intrigued to know why you guys are so sure this is a rep. Other than the lack of feedback, it looks pretty good to my uneducated eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's several things, including the text in specs which is a direct copy and paste, word for word from this site..

http://www.astarr.com/2011/02/page/2/

Quote from ebay ad

Black TUXEDO dial with Super Luminova hour markers, skeleton hour and minute hands, magnified date display at 3 o'clock. SWEEP SECONDS HAND - SO COOL!!! (vs. current Panerai GMT production models PAM 88 and PAM 161 that DO NOT use SWEEP SECONDS HAND...but rather they have a subseconds dial at 9 o'clock)

Quote from Link above.

black TUXEDO dial with Super Luminova hour markers, skeleton hour and minute hands, magnified date display at 3 o’clock. SWEEP SECONDS HAND – SO COOL!!! (vs. current Panerai GMT production models PAM 88 and PAM 161 that DO NOT use SWEEP SECONDS HAND…but rather they have a sub seconds dial at 9 oclock).

Also same quote in link below..

http://www.watchuwant.com/watches/panerai-pam-29-m-44mm-luminor-gmt-special-edition-made-re-edition-b-series-pam-29-9899-only-

Also here too

http://www.erupcija.com/panerai/panerai-pam-29-m-44mm-luminor-gmt-special-edition-made-re-edition-of-a-b-series-pam-29-from-9899-only-1000-pieces-special-edition-features-tuxedo-dial-brand-new-in-box/

Maybe its just a generic spec?  Only 1000 of these made right?

So what you are saying is that it is obvious that it is a rep just because the. seller is stupid - no feedback, description plagiarised from rep sites etc.? If he had used an account with feedback, put it in a box and wrote his own description - would it have been impossible to call? Sheesh, that is scary!

This caught my eye because I have the noob version of this. A lovely watch, and it does look identical to these pictures. However, I had always assumed that someone who really knew their PAMs could tell it wasn't gen at a glance! All in all a good reason to never buy a watch from eBay!

NOt true I purchased many Gens on the bay with no problems at GREAT prices . It was the one time I trusted a "TRUSTED RISTI" that shafted me on a piece . I just purchased a gen Breitling on the bay and after a phone call picking it up .  You have to do your homework before buying anything on ebay regardless of the feedback . The guy selling it might not be a scumbag but the guy he bought it from was . 

So what you are saying is that it is obvious that it is a rep just because the. seller is stupid - no feedback, description plagiarised from rep sites etc.? If he had used an account with feedback, put it in a box and wrote his own description - would it have been impossible to call? Sheesh, that is scary!

This caught my eye because I have the noob version of this. A lovely watch, and it does look identical to these pictures. However, I had always assumed that someone who really knew their PAMs could tell it wasn't gen at a glance! All in all a good reason to never buy a watch from eBay!