When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We need this repped ASAP!

markiemark

Naturally, the rep would have to also have the doppelchrono functionality.  Without that, I'm afraid it would be a deal-breaker for me.

There are no Asian movements with a doppelchrono. I believe IWC uses a heavily modded eta7750. If it had a date only instead of a day-date then it would be possible to toss in a eta7753...

I'm sure the factories could rig up a module for the 7750 if they were so inclined.  After all, that's all Richard Habring did when he invented the one that IWC uses.  (OK, it's a little more than a module...but still, not much more*...)  The patent has expired on it as well.

Nor would the factories not be able to get their mileage out of the movement.  There are a lot of split seconds chronographs out there.

As much as I love the watch, though, having a dummy pusher on the left of the case just shrieks "rep".

*Apparently the system he invented turned out to be surprisingly simple, too.  Seems like the man is a genius.

Edited by atomic_doug

I'm sure the factories could rig up a module for the 7750 if they were so inclined.  After all, that's all Richard Habring did when he invented the one that IWC uses.  (OK, it's a little more than a module...but still, not much more*...)  The patent has expired on it as well.

Nor would the factories not be able to get their mileage out of the movement.  There are a lot of split seconds chronographs out there.

As much as I love the watch, though, having a dummy pusher on the left of the case just shrieks "rep".

*Apparently the system he invented turned out to be surprisingly simple, too.  Seems like the man is a genius.

A dummy pusher, the main reason I'm not having a 3799 in my collection...

I meant 3799

There is A Rep of this. It is the DOUBLE CRONO Doppler. BUT the two second hands for the CHRONO which should work and move independently do not. They are LOCKED ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER just as in the PAM 322L which uses the same setup.and them move and reset as one unit . they are literally locked together..

The DOPPLE chronosecond movement is IMPOSSIBLE to reproducde as a REP.

Just Saying.

There is A Rep of this. It is the DOUBLE CRONO Doppler. BUT the two second hands for the CHRONO which should work and move independently do not. They are LOCKED ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER just as in the PAM 322L which uses the same setup.and them move and reset as one unit . they are literally locked together..

The DOPPLE chronosecond movement is IMPOSSIBLE to reproducde as a REP.

Just Saying.

I think you're confused with the 3799... http://puretime.co/product/top-gun-379901-46mm-full-ceramic-dopple/