When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Prices

Dutchy

Ok I know luckyyy has been deemed a scammer here by many (rightly so in some instances given the stories we've heard). But I was wondering about the prices.

Luckyyy always asked 350 dollars for an MBW, 360 for a Vintage.

Now I contacted George:

350 Euros, which I believe is like 460 dollars or something.

Now, ok, YES, they can ask whatever they want in terms of pricing, and what /I've heard is that George always ships out ASAP and doesn't stay in teh dark (as according to some stories here).

Anyway, is that right? Anyone else get a diff. price.....he said his prices are "unfortunately fixed".

Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy to chat with and I'm not slagging his prices, I would agree with his probable motto of 'well if ya dont like it, dont get it', was just curious.

Thanks guys.....

By the way, you guys seen Sherrington's DRSD.....jesus......amazing.

Saving up for a 1680 myself. I think Luckky could sell for less because for he only shipped one watch for every 3 he sold. :blink: So actually Luckky was essentially selling them for ~ $1080

Ok I know luckyyy has been deemed a scammer here by many (rightly so in some instances given the stories we've heard). But I was wondering about the prices.

Luckyyy always asked 350 dollars for an MBW, 360 for a Vintage.

Now I contacted George:

350 Euros, which I believe is like 450 dollars or something.

Now, ok, YES, they can ask whatever they want in terms of pricing, and what /I've heard is that George always ships out ASAP and doesn't stay in teh dark (as according to some stories here).

Anyway, is that right? Anyone else get a diff. price.....he said his prices are "unfortunately fixed".

Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy to chat with and I'm not slagging his prices, I would agree with his probable motto of 'well if ya dont like it, dont get it', was just curious.

Thanks guys.....

By the way, you guys seen Sherrington's DRSD......jesus......amazing.

Harder? F'in impossible for me, lol. Though that would be really neat!

naaa...

believe me

start to find a quite good case ...and a very good dial for this case....

read all the guide and the topic in the session http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=7

after many attempt you will discover a new word.... MODDING !!

after this you will be able to change or modify your replica....

believe me MBW don't exist.... and if you want a perfect copy... just buy the original one or do it yourself ....

the MBW i have seen .... need to be modded as the other replica.....

bye

Of course, a perfect rep doesnt exist (although sherrington's is basically perfect). Furthermore, MBW can accept gen parts out of stock. That's why I want one. I dont want to screw up with trying to stamp in a genuine crystal, but rather have it just pop right in.....same goes for the insert, spring bars, crowns, tubes, etc.

naaa...

believe me

start to find a quite good case ...and a very good dial for this case....

read all the guide and the topic in the session http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=7

after many attempt you will discover a new word.... MODDING !!

after this you will be able to change or modify your replica....

believe me MBW don't exist.... and if you want a perfect copy... just buy the original one or do it yourself ....

the MBW i have seen .... need to be modded as the other replica.....

bye

Of course, a perfect rep doesnt exist (although sherrington's is basically perfect). Furthermore, MBW can accept gen parts out of stock. That's why I want one. I dont want to screw up with trying to stamp in a genuine crystal, but rather have it just pop right in.....same goes for the insert, spring bars, crowns, tubes, etc.

it's not true... it's a legend.... but everyone must try it....

starting with aftermarket spareparts it's better.... believe me...

Per the request of the Topic Starter [Dutchy]...

This thread has been cleaned up before it got out of hand...

If you want to start a Luckky Thread Bashing topic, do so elsewhere...

Thanks,

TT

fully agree... but he's a scammer and people must be warned ...

since two post ago we have stopped to speak about him...

now we are speaking about the best way to have or to make a good replica..... it's ok?

fully agree... but he's a scammer and people must be warned ...

since two post ago we have stopped to speak about him...

now we are speaking about the best way to have or to make a good replica..... it's ok?

Yep, we're all set! I like your views on the idea of making your own watch.

But people like Sherrington (most recently) and many many many others have made their MBW's into Frankens by means of amongt others drilling cases, and crownguard adjustments, however also just inserts and crystals, which do not require much force.

I must say... Yes, you can build yourself a very nice watch from parts, but starting with an MBW or WM will save you a lot of time and hassle, at least with the vintages.

There is one major advantage that the vintages have, and that's their bezel assembly. MBW and WM's bezels are constructed in the same manner as genuine, i.e. you have the case, the crystal, a retaining ring, washer spring and then the bezel and insert. I have yet to see any other rep out there with a retaining ring like genuine, except for MBW/WM's. This is what makes the biggest difference with regards to quality, as genuine crystals fit the case (as they do with some other reps), but they are held to the case in the same manner as genuine.

For what it's worth, the bezel assembly can be purchased a la carte from other sources, but by the time you've purchased those items as well as the rep watch, you've spent a bit more than what the MBW would have cost in the first place. So, in my opinion, it's much more cost effective to go the MBW route...

Never dealt with Lucky,... but George's pricing and indeed mbws were in the $430

or so range for a drsd years ago, so I can understand a slight increase at this point

for inflation..

I do wish however that the mbw ralex would come in with better dials and crown guards

out of the box,... then it would be the perfect price compromise for those of us that are

not into heavy modding, but still enjoy a more accurate replica.

I was wondering however if the mbw name is being used to over-price some of their

other offerings, for instance, I was looking at a Patek Nautilus, and noticed

how mis-aligned the markers were,.. :blink:

Do they expect us to find and install a genuine dial for that as well ? :g:

If another brand would come along a bit more refined than mbw, I think they would lose

business by the bus load....

I know I would jump ship right away... ^_^

Ah, didnt know that his prices were always higher. I kindly asked him for why his prices were higher and he said that he just wanted them that way, lol. Fair enough. Anyway, it would be interesting to see those crown guards done a little better...

Never dealt with Lucky,... but George's pricing and indeed mbws were in the $430

or so range for a drsd years ago, so I can understand a slight increase at this point

for inflation..

I do wish however that the mbw ralex would come in with better dials and crown guards

out of the box,... then it would be the perfect price compromise for those of us that are

not into heavy modding, but still enjoy a more accurate replica.

I was wondering however if the mbw name is being used to over-price some of their

other offerings, for instance, I was looking at a Patek Nautilus, and noticed

how mis-aligned the markers were,.. :blink:

Do they expect us to find and install a genuine dial for that as well ? :g:

If another brand would come along a bit more refined than mbw, I think they would lose

business by the bus load....

I know I would jump ship right away... ^_^

I must say... Yes, you can build yourself a very nice watch from parts, but starting with an MBW or WM will save you a lot of time and hassle, at least with the vintages.

There is one major advantage that the vintages have, and that's their bezel assembly. MBW and WM's bezels are constructed in the same manner as genuine, i.e. you have the case, the crystal, a retaining ring, washer spring and then the bezel and insert. I have yet to see any other rep out there with a retaining ring like genuine, except for MBW/WM's. This is what makes the biggest difference with regards to quality, as genuine crystals fit the case (as they do with some other reps), but they are held to the case in the same manner as genuine.

For what it's worth, the bezel assembly can be purchased a la carte from other sources, but by the time you've purchased those items as well as the rep watch, you've spent a bit more than what the MBW would have cost in the first place. So, in my opinion, it's much more cost effective to go the MBW route...

Randy ... you know what i mean...

if you can take genuine parts... why should use replica one?..... could a milgauss 6541 MBW fit a genuine cal.1080? or a same spaced 1030 ?... you need a reduction ring...

but if you search .... wait ..hope... and have time..... to wait for your projects (you learned it to me....)

at the end... see the photo under ...you will understand....

this is a good start....(but don't ask me how many i have spent...eheheheh )

sorry for the quality... my phone is not a good camera ...i'm moving home and my camera is into a box somewhere....

154851-13983.jpg

154851-13984.jpg

154851-13985.jpg

154851-13986.jpg

154851-13987.jpg

Beautiful setup, its gonna be great!.......but now.......imagine this:

You're 18. Your only source of income is your monthly allowance which gets you through a a couple movies, and maybe dinner or such. Then, you live in a country which employs workers for 150-200 dollars a month, not week, month. Every package that is sent to you is opened by customs, postal workers and whoever else wants a peek....and when deemed of value (ex. ROLEX stamped anywhere) they will take it....even if its not valuable, just nice, or ugly, whatever....its free (or so they see it). Now......you have placed yourself in my shoes. Lol. I have to wait til college when I'm in Holland for safe transport of parts etc.....but even then.......since when does a college student have money?

Beautiful setup, its gonna be great!.......but now.......imagine this:

You're 18. Your only source of income is your monthly allowance which gets you through a a couple movies, and maybe dinner or such. Then, you live in a country which employs workers for 150-200 dollars a month, not week, month. Every package that is sent to you is opened by customs, postal workers and whoever else wants a peek....and when deemed of value (ex. ROLEX stamped anywhere) they will take it....even if its not valuable, just nice, or ugly, whatever....its free (or so they see it). Now......you have placed yourself in my shoes. Lol. I have to wait til college when I'm in Holland for safe transport of parts etc.....but even then.......since when does a college student have money?

if you speak only of money...we are all agree.... but if you consider that ...with time things can happen....

i was looking around to have a good milgauss 6541 .... after scammed by XXXXX ..i have asked george... after i have asked around for the mods.... time and money ....

in meanwhile ...looking around i found these parts....case is a GENUINE ONE !!!!....... dial is an aftermarket .... as the bezel insert... bezel is GENUINE..... crown is GENUINE ...as back case....

i have lost my money with XXXXXX but the real lucky (...the one that must be have someone sometime...) has given me this ......a bit expensive... but now i need only to modify a genuine cal. 1030 into an 1080 (antimagnetic.....!!!)

that's right if you speak only about money and believe to buy a replica to spend less you are right....

but there are people that don't stop to mod until the replica is not as the genuine....if you are one this or you want to become one ....money is not the right point of view....

Guest leonado

MBW Vintage watches do exist!!!!

The watches are sold only in Bangkok and only by one shop on the ground floor in the very center (MBK shopping center) of Bangkok for 7250 baht (150 Euros) a piece. That is what I have always paid for them...

All interested parties (dealers and individuals alike) please mail me for further directions and I will mail you all necessary infos.

Have a good weekend,

Leonado

Edited by leonado

MBW Vintage watches do exist!!!!

The watches are sold only in Bangkok and only by one shop on the ground floor in the very center (MBK shopping center) of Bangkok for 7250 baht (150 Euros) a piece. That is what I have always paid for them...

All interested parties (dealers and individuals alike) please mail me for further directions and I will mail you all necessary infos.

Have a good weekend,

Leonado

mine was a provocation.... leo

you teached me ... remember?

:D