When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC NSD - Asian vs Swiss movement

strinos

Hi everyone - 

I am very interested in purchasing a JLC NSD.  Toro sells both movements (asian and swiss) and I was hoping you'd provide your opinions on whether or not it is worth spending the extra $150 for the swiss movement.  

Would I even notice?  

thanks

John

please excuse my noobness

Certainly not worth the extra, especially at those hike ups. You'll pick up a brand new eta later cheaper. Buy the asian, most are just perfect for a 3 hander like that and you are unlikely to have problems. Their asian vs swiss price difference hike up lately is getting insane .

Personally I always go for the Swiss it just gives the watch that little extra something ;)  but since the price mark ups the Asian clone movements are a good alternative.  I own the JLC NSD with the Swiss Sellita SW200 and absolutely love it! It's one of my favorite watches. I bought mine used and got an awesome deal but I would have paid extra for the Swiss movement if I purchased new.

When it comes to asain or swiss, most times when you pay for the swiss you get a mismatch of swiss and asain parts. Go for the asain eta and if you have any problems have it serviced and it will run as good as the swiss. 

this is what we call "swinesse" movt. anyway for me, i would rather buy an Asian movt and have it serviced. anyway just some heads up to OP, the last i've check with Toro, about 1-2 weeks back, he only has the Swiss movt available.