When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

box set -rolex?

jack219

I have bought and sold quite a few box sets over time, some were for genuine watches, some for reps. I think that if your intentions are honorable, nothing wrong with collecting boxes and accessories. if you plan to give your son a watch for birthday, Christmas,graduation, etc. and you are clear to him that the watch is a rep, and it is very, very bad form to try to pass it off (Sell) as genuine, then a box set is a nice touch.

I have found however, that having all the boxes, papers and even sales receipts is very much a plus when selling genuine watches, almost no one is interested in a box set, unless you are throwing it in as a bonus, when selling a rep. If you are assembling all the "parts" to sell a replica watch as a genuine, then friend, you are setting yourself up for a heap of trouble. As soon as the buyer shows it to someone who really knows Rolex watches,like taking it to an AD for a look see and they tell him he has bought a high dollar fake, then the manure is going to hit the ventilator!! Paypal dispute, selling fake Rolexes on Ebay, and for your sake hope the guy isn't some gangster type or and ultimate cage fighter who shows up at your front door one day and beats the living snot out of you!! 

AFA buying one, there are usually tons of them on Ebay. go in and search Rolex boxes and accessories and see what you find.

Why do people always assume that you are going to do something deceptive when you are looking for a box? I'm looking for one myself and its for my own personal collection.

Found a pretty good looking one online but the price is a bit high. I've also emailed the seller to inquire more but it's been 48 hours and i still haven't heard back.

See my link below

www. rwgforum. net/topic/158958-rolex-submariner-116610-watch-box-set/ [remove spaces!]

Why do people always assume that you are going to do something deceptive when you are looking for a box? I'm looking for one myself and its for my own personal collection.

Found a pretty good looking one online but the price is a bit high. I've also emailed the seller to inquire more but it's been 48 hours and i still haven't heard back.

See my link below

www. rwgforum. net/topic/158958-rolex-submariner-116610-watch-box-set/ [remove spaces!]

Because a lot of people are trying to make a quick buck. just check ebay, lots of reps being sold as gens and a box set is just icing on the cake to these types. I'm sure you gentlemen don't fall into that category, but I have found once you have a bunch of reps, box sets just take up space and serve no real purpose. Their not

gens, and you know it,having a box won't change them. JMHO

Edited by flyr

Lots of the TDs here also sell rep boxes.

Have a look through their websites (look in the TD forum area and then dig through the posts by the TDs to find their websites, some can be a little hard to find the website URL, some don't have a website)

I must say that I've never thought about boxes, even the gens I buy I put the watch in the 20 watch box with all the others and the gen box and manual goes in the loft for if & when I sell it.

It'd be a really nice touch if giving it as a present to the SO / a relative. Maybe an instruction manual too, but I certainly wouldn't bother with a rep "receipt" and "certificate"s, etc, too much temptation for whoever you sell it to to try and sell it as a gen.