When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which parts and builder for 5512 / 5513 project?

alderash

Hi,

Just picked up a Josh 5512 and would like to mod it a bit.  Can anyone suggest specific rep parts that would fit and are fairly vintage accurate?  I'm primarily looking for a new dial, hands, crystal and crown.

I hear a lot about the Clark T19 crystal - but is that a high dome or lower profile dome?  Rounded or beveled edges?

Which dial and hands set is accurate and has good lume?  I don't plan on aging it, so I'd prefer white or cream markers and hands.

I will probably not be reshaping the CGs - unless I can find a good modder who can do it for me.  So I'm instead looking for a smaller crown, but I have no idea what size or style.

I'd like to stay rep with most of this to keep the cost down a bit.

Maybe you could suggest a builder or modder that could do these mods.

Thanks

Yes, you can go with the clark crystal. It has the same specs as a gen T19. Just need to trim the crystal retaining ring or crystal a bit to fit.

You can dremel the crown down 1 mm. Makes a hell of a difference. Hands, TC hands are best for ETA movements. Need to be relumed to match the dial color.

Get a good Dial and gen crown, The other stuff (case,CG's, lugs) can be modded.

I did a build like this for a member and he bought a Yuki dial and it was just the smallest bit to small so just remember that.

What's a good dial that fits? Ingod44?