When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss ETA 7750 Day Wheel Fitment help & Advice needed

SSTEEL

Hi guys, I have already asked our great MD2020 this question, and I'm sure he will get back to me in time, so in the meantime, I thought I would ask you guys.

Could you take a look at these labelled photos of mine please?  Basically there is a black blank disc preventing me fitting my Day wheel to the movement.  Does this need to be removed, and is only there to prevent damage during shipping of movement?  Or does this black disc need fitting on top of the day disc once fitted?

Heres the photos..

8734595857_e9971c7d38_b.jpg

8734600933_49a845f767_b.jpg

On another note, I noticed that on my day wheel there is a scratch on one of the FRI marking, its not visible with the naked eye, but is under a loupe, was gutted to find this, but as said, it won't be visible once fitted. I thought it was a bit of paper at first, and when using my blower, I thought it had gone, but then I noticed there were two FRI on the day disc.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Micky

Thanks Mike, thanks for the confirmation.  Got your PM about the oils too, thanks for the recommendation on UK ebay seller, will go for that.  Totally understand where your coming from with regards to shipping costs mate ;)

Just make sure not to try to quick set the date between 9pm 3am because these day wheels are not held in place like the date wheel is and it can pop its self out of place.

Just a thought, how will I know what time it is on this movement seeing as its new, and obviously no hands? Sorry if a dumb question.

As you recommended in another pm, I will start, stop, and reset chronograph a few times prior to fitting all the hands, which I will fit all at 12 oclock position.

Just a thought, how will I know what time it is on this movement seeing as its new, and obviously no hands? Sorry if a dumb question.

As you recommended in another pm, I will start, stop, and reset chronograph a few times prior to fitting all the hands, which I will fit all at 12 oclock position.

Anyone know the above?