When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2838 movement removal problem

C06alt

post-51228-0-73586000-1368470057_thumb.j

I'm trying to remove the movement form an aqua terra rep I have.

What i have tried so far is to unscrew the circled screws but before they pop out they seem to get jammed under the case back thread.

I cant see any other options so if someone can point me in the right direction Id appreciate it.

Either a front loader or a gen like construction. The latter meaning that the screws need to be screwed in (not out) and than the movement ring needs to be turned until the screws fall into a gap making it possible to remove the movement.

Either a front loader or a gen like construction. The latter meaning that the screws need to be screwed in (not out) and than the movement ring needs to be turned until the screws fall into a gap making it possible to remove the movement.

Thanks for your reply.

If it is a front loader which did cross my mind.

Would I need a crystal lifter or some other crystal removal tool to get it out?

I used a caseback opener to rotate the outer ring so that one by one the screws lined up with the stem hole where i could remove them without the threads stopping them.

Then after a bit of fiddling i got the outer ring out then the movement was in my hand.

Thanks for your excellent advise and and responses everyone, That had me stumped.

I used a caseback opener to rotate the outer ring so that one by one the screws lined up with the stem hole where i could remove them without the threads stopping them.

Then after a bit of fiddling i got the outer ring out then the movement was in my hand.

Thanks for your excellent advise and and responses everyone, That had me stumped.

Job well done! 8)