When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are the asian 2836 in our watches new?

fitmic

Really? New asian mvmts? You reckon they make em new in a high tech clean room watchhouse?

Several threads detailing how dirty n grime filled some of these are..

This, otoh. Is new sealed and Made in a high tech environment.

Posted Image

You might get 1 movement that's dry for oil, and another made the same day that's dripping with too much oil. Plus the bonus pube in the main spring. A properly serviced china clone is as good as a properly serviced eta movement.

What this means, is that if you love a particular watch and decide it is a keeper, then get it serviced for years of trouble-free watching.

Would you service a new sealed ETA if you were putting it in a watch? I'm pretty sure the Swiss ETA's the rep makers use are bulk movements that are not protected from dirt,dust,hair ,etc. so they should be treated just like the clones AFA a service.

I totally agree, if it' a keeper, you should invest in a service.

As far as I am aware, complete eta movements come packaged for retail sale in sealed, protective bags. These are absolutely perfect and need no work at all. A factory or a bulk buyer receives trays of eta movements in plastic clamshell cases which are not protective from humidity, dust, etc.

So depending upon how you purchase your eta movements, the delivery method is very different. It is 100% upon the shoulders of the factory to then store the bulk trays of movements in a clean room ..