When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stainless steel black face Daytona--looking for a good rep.

moochie22575

Hello, I am new member to this forum.  I am hoping someone out there has a recommendation on a dealer who has a good stainless steel Daytona black face.  I am particularly interested in one with the new clasp and "ROLEX" engraved on the inner bezel with the proper size font and spacing where it is precisely or very closely centered on the minute markers. 

Or, if you have a recommendation for an older stainless steel Daytona without the "ROLEX" engraving and the older or newer clasp, but with a crisp printing of the wording on the dial, I would appreciate that too. 

Thanks. 

Welcome to the forum! That said, you had better start reading or you will be in for some disappointment. Start by figuring out the movement you want and that means doing some research. A good start. http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/85981-hey-noobor-not-so-noobread-this-now/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/2715-care-and-feeding-of-manual-watches-and-information-on-various-movements/

Thanks for advice. I do know most out there are Asian 7750. I don't need a high performance column wheel movement or one that has been modified to look like true Rolex 4130. I just want a watch that looks aesthetically as close to a real one as possible.

Anyone have any experience or advice on a dealer who has what I am looking for?

Thanks.

If you prefer the more accurate looking Daytona with Sec@6, you can take a gamble, and then either try the graphite paste fix, or send the watch to DOMI next door to have the extra jewels added.

Thanks for the advice.  Can someone explain further what DOMI is and the gray graphite paste? 

Also, in response to MD2020, what has been the problem with the movements?  Is it something that can be fixed without too much hassle? 

Thanks to everyone for their responses. 

Definintely NOT 'paste'. Search out 'powdered graphite' & the 'perfect daytona' threads from early '08 (you may need to research current site URLs as some have changed since the threads were posted). Also, while you are at it, search out Ziggy's reviews of the 7750 & read the Hey Noob FAQ & forum rules pinned atop the Introduction forum (take note of item 5 under Posting).

• Like 1