When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Lubes Are You Using

ceejay

I'm about to invest in lubes for servicing & the Moebius lubes seem to be to industry standard. Any others worth considering? and any links to cheap suppliers?

I understand to get started I need 3 types of oil and 1 grease (can't remember the number/names at present)

Cheers.

Here's a quote from the great MD2020 which he recommended me when I was chatting to him about oils.

if your just learning and messing around i would say get one thicker oil (similar to D5) and then a thinner oil (similar to 9010/20) Im sure you can get it for less than 30$ for both. Look at that sellers store he has alot of watchmakers tools, oils, ect.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4abfb4d1da

As always, thanks for the advice guys. I have ordered a few bits before from redrooster uk, great seller!

What I am doing with my tools is buying mainly the cheaper (Anchor) brand and upgrading them bit by bit to Bergeon, so far I have got the Bergeon movement holder and screwdrivers.

So I guess it makes sense to do the same with the lubes, I will probably go for the Moebius 9010 first and take it from there.

Just completed a strip down, service on a Seiko 7009A automatic, it sure was a challenge after the 6497! But it's back together and a euphoria moment seeing it come to life again :)

Going to have a go at a re-lume on the Seiko dial not ;)

Cheers.