When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got In Lello's 2892/93 Bold Datewheels

reelamore

I know Finepix has these cooking , but when and if he runs out another source here..

Lello has a few of these available so if anyone needs one keep your eyes open for his post.

He only has a few...I spoke with him today and he'll be posting his info..

He's been gone for a few months so he may have to register here, with all the changes..

Just got this in and will install soon.

155905-13739.jpg

This wheel will not fit the 2892 which is different.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the info on the 2892..I have a 063 and I'm installing it there..,a 2893..

I assumed it would work on a 92 also...you're amazing to remember all these details!

Been waiting for this since before you started your project..I think since March..

He's had a string of bad luck from his printer etc..and I finally got one.

I'll post some pics when I'm done...

Cheers

Reelamore-

I will be very curious to see the installation. Did he come out with a new run? Not to rain on his parade as I like Lello very much and am grateful for all his past endeavours but I have four of what I thought were the last batch and they had alignment issues. Can't wait to see your results. :)

Reelamore-

I will be very curious to see the installation. Did he come out with a new run? Not to rain on his parade as I like Lello very much and am grateful for all his past endeavours but I have four of what I thought were the last batch and they had alignment issues. Can't wait to see your results. :)

Hey Warren,

I'll pull the trigger and let you know the result. I assembled an old lello date wheel on my 029 2893-2 which makes some problems. Maybe the newer version is better. I pm'ed lello for getting me one.

Best,

Frank

Reelamore-

Kruzer,

Yes,I know of the past issues..he has been at this for months trying to perfect them..I think he went through 4 runs before he got this last batch right.the printer kept screwing thim up...this is a recent batch as of last week...I won't have time till next week to do this so maybe Lello can address this ..he has a post at RWGuide but I don't think he is a member here..yet.

He assured me they were perfect this time...

I emailed him to post some info here...

I sincerely hope that I'm not going to be sitting on a pile of unsold wheels as a result of this!

Lello made these for himself, but had to have a minimum order..these are just the leftovers from what he used for his own watch ...I think less than 10..

My intent was to supplement the demand and not compete..since he's been MIA so long I thought I would share these few with RWG before they were gone somewhere else..for those who didn't get on your list...

I assumed you have a limited run yourself...and most if not all were pre-sold?

Certainly not pre-sold as I have deliberately avoided taking money (apart from a few members) until I am able to show a finished working sample which should happen this week, although now I'm wishing that I had taken firm orders. The delays for me have been as a result of holding back on this until the 7753 wheels were satisfactorily printed and that the printing company could produce a predictable result. Also the printers have had a lot of learning to do with the new machine that is specially designed for this kind of thing as this was also an experiment for them.

I am not knocking Lello, it's a free market, and I'm glad to see him back - just concerned that just as I am about to have the finished item read these appear which will no doubt result in some members who committed to me initially now not honouring that commitment. Given the time, effort and money that has gone into my wheels that is a situation that would leave me rather [censored] off to the point that I shall simply not bother doing this sort of thing in future.

Certainly not pre-sold as I have deliberately avoided taking money (apart from a few members) until I am able to show a finished working sample which should happen this week, although now I'm wishing that I had taken firm orders. The delays for me have been as a result of holding back on this until the 7753 wheels were satisfactorily printed and that the printing company could produce a predictable result. Also the printers have had a lot of learning to do with the new machine that is specially designed for this kind of thing as this was also an experiment for them.

I am not knocking Lello, it's a free market, and I'm glad to see him back - just concerned that just as I am about to have the finished item read these appear which will no doubt result in some members who committed to me initially now not honouring that commitment. Given the time, effort and money that has gone into my wheels that is a situation that would leave me rather [censored] off to the point that I shall simply not bother doing this sort of thing in future.

I would certainly hope that those who have contacted you will honour their commitment!

I know many are waiting for the 187 wheels & you have done an admirable service to supply our custom needs.

Hoping this all works out.

I sincerely hope that I'm not going to be sitting on a pile of unsold wheels as a result of this!

It goes without saying that I confirm my order with you for one 2892-A2, Mark.

Mark, as I promised buying a 2893 Gmt Datewheel from you...And would NEVER CANCEL..!

Miark has been thru a lot of aggrivation trying to get these date wheels for us. I hope all members whim verbally committed to him..Will Keep There Promise and purchase his datewheel.

There is no room for error if Finepics gets stuck with these. ;)

I kinkly as all RWG & TRC Members whom verbally committed to Finepics for Datewheels....Keep Your Committments Please!

Thank You,

MM

Thanks for the support fellas and Lello I didn't want your return to marred in any way - just that the timing wasn't great is all - and you probably know only too well that this type of thing costs blood sweat and tears as well as money!!!

I really hope all of us who have committed with Mark come through. Please remember that this is a hobby and Mark and others have put in time which, even at minimum wage, would make these items we buy to improve our watches cost hundreds of dollars each if they were produced by a real business.

If anyone does insist on viewing this as some sort of samll-time moneymaker and starts releasing the same improvements to which hobbyists have taken on the effort and cost for all of us, might I suggest you make sure your costs are very low...you may find yourselves being way undercut on price.