When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please, please, please I need help with AP RO Offshore Chronograph!

Please, anyone out there with an AP RO parts watch.  I need a SS crown. 

The rubber clad crown has lost its rubber.  I've glued it back on twice but the last time it split.  I have it glued back on now but the next time it comes loose will probably be the last.  It has the A7750 movement

Does anyone have a crown for this watch or even a non-rubber clad one?  I've checked with all the TD's and they say the factory does not sell them out.

Please help as I love the watch and want to make it right.  I've included a picture of the watch for reference.

rionrlty.

post-51783-0-61542100-1372411074_thumb.j

post-51783-0-66758700-1372411079_thumb.j

post-51783-0-76033400-1372411084_thumb.j

Hi steel, is M2M a member?  I'm not familiar with him.  I got a contact with an AR company here in california who actually does 2 million dollar radar saphire lenses for the air force.  The price was very reasonable and the minimum was only like 5 crystals.  It came in like 3 different colors and was going to cost $20-$40 a crystal depending on quantity.  When I put it on the forum I got no response except for a couple of guys who made fun of me and said I needed to read and learn more as if I was being naive about it.  I've got 3 crystals myself and plan to try it out eventually for myself.  Thanks for asking.

Don't I know it.  The crown is the most urgent.  Apparently it came off before I owned the watch and was glued back on several times.  Soon after I got it, it came off again and I have now glued it twice.  The last time it split in half and I imagine the next time will be the last.  The crown underneath is just a small round cylinder the size fot he emblem end.  Besides looking funny it is very hard (almost impossible) to turn. 

The bezel gasket is simply cosmetic, but as you say should also be replaced.  The trouble is that none of the TDs can furnish the parts (I've tried them all).  A gen crown costs more than the watch is worth.   I could possibly make a bezel gasket out of sheet neoprene but I would rather not have to.  For the crown I simply need a replacement.  Has anyone out there got parts they can sell?  

I have an idea but can not guarantee it will work. Since you just need the crown, you could try buying a cheap AP rep from PriceAngels/ watchiv for $85 and see if you can switch the Crown or just the rubber over to your watch. I am guessing it will work, but like I said I can not guarantee it.