When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it possible, Y3135 to GMT?

Ephry73

A crazy thought about the BP GMT II and gen bezel assembly, but what about a gen like movement? Then I thought of the y3135 and how I have enjoyed the serviced movement. I wonder what it would take to turn this movement into a GMT movement to make a decent modern GMT franken.

Thoughts?

What is a "BP GMT II"?

Can you post a pic of that base watch?

This is the GMT IIc that Sead and Andrew sell.  I just purchased an "Ultimate" to build a franken out of.  The BP sub from my understanding has the replicated gen bezel assembly therefore it can be modded with a gen bezel assembly. I believe Sneed12 has a few threads on the first GMT franken with gen assembly and insert. 

EDIT (link added): http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/157619-gen-bezel-and-crystal-gmt-iic/

well there we go lol no need to try to mod one they already made it lol

That one is just a tarted up 2836

I don't think you could turn the Y3135 into a GMT at any rate (at least not in any reasonably easy way)  - the reason the 2836 is easy to do is because it has the necessary functionality in it already.    (eg; a quickset for day that isn't being used, and can be used to adjust the GMT hand)  - you could add a fourth hand driven off the 3135's calendar wheel maybe (like with the 2836) but there's nothing to wire up to for adjusting it. 

What is a "BP GMT II"?

Can you post a pic of that base watch?

By-Tor,

the "BP" GMT IIc is the only GMT IIc case that I know of which has the gen-style bezel construction. I've used it to build a couple of GMT IIc frankens. Here's a pic of the case stripped down:

100_5019_zps9e311184.jpg

The search function seems to be down, but I'll try again a bit later and if I can find some links to threads I've posted showing more pics of that case / details of the builds.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A crazy thought about the BP GMT II and gen bezel assembly, but what about a gen like movement? Then I thought of the y3135 and how I have enjoyed the serviced movement. I wonder what it would take to turn this movement into a GMT movement to make a decent modern GMT franken.

Thoughts?

I was thinking about that conversion almost a year

And today I can announce it is possible

Few parts need it to convert

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/16/vu4a4ura.jpg[/img

uja8a3u9.jpg9e9any2e.jpgtesebuna.jpg8ute3e2y.jpghy8uta3y.jpgyjyjapem.jpguredy3as.jpg4anevaha.jpgdunuza2y.jpg

I did replace train bridge, barrel bridge, winding bridge, all wheels including escape and pallet fork, add a gmt parts

Yuki parts left in that Franken movement:

Balance wheel

Main plate

Pallet bridge

Minute pinion bridge

And all screws

Movement performing well even with rep yuki balance wheel and bridge

• Like 1