When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen dial 16613

slied013

Agree, it's better to start out with a good base. Like building a house, the foundation is the most important part for longevity purposes. Think of the case as your foundation. If you are going to build a watch with a lot of genuine parts, why not start with a case that accepts genuine parts from the get go. I made that mistake with my 16613.  I started out with an old Eddie Lee TW best watch, almost everything that could be wrong with one was represented in this one. Most important though, it has non-genuine construction, and everything has to be modded to make it work. Two of the biggest stumbling blocks is the bezel is non genuine construction, so no gen or aftermarket bezel, and it will not accept a genuine crystal. So from sad experience, this is NOT a good watch to start a modding project with. So my advice is, before you spend a lot of time money and frustration and finally hit a dead end that cannot be worked around, get a good case and start from there. All of the ones mentioned above are good examples of cases you can work with , there are quite a few others that aren't.