When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help with Carrera QC pics.

mil04

Hi Guys,

This is my first post in Tag Heuer area and I need your help. Does this QC pics looks good? I hate the blue screws in the movement, so the question is: can they be easily replaced and where can I get the silver ones? If later my friend want to change the movement to ETA 7750 can it be done?

Thanks for the help

mmw7.jpg

2nfw.jpg

Yes, the screws can be swapped out for silver.  The cousinsuk part numbers are about somewhere, you will have to specifically search for them.  The ETA7750 will fit too, straight swap, even the movement holder will fit too.

Great that people are feeling the love for these Tag's! Lovely watches.

I know it's all personal but that watch would look alot better on a nice leather strap with a Tag deployment clasp. In my opinion of course:D

Enjoy your watch, it's a cracker.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed that the watch would look much better on leather or even on the bracelet. I don't really like rubber straps so that could be my personal bias on the subject.

The Swiss 7750 is a direct swap, as already mentioned, the movement is pretty much identical to the A7750 that is already in your watch.

As far as the QC pics go, the watch looks good, I have the stainless bezel model and it has a major flaw that this one does not have.

post-44290-0-98220200-1374168146_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Agreed that the watch would look much better on leather or even on the bracelet. I don't really like rubber straps so that could be my personal bias on the subject.

The Swiss 7750 is a direct swap, as already mentioned, the movement is pretty much identical to the A7750 that is already in your watch.

As far as the QC pics go, the watch looks good, I have the stainless bezel model and it has a major flaw that this one does not have.

attachicon.gifCarrera on Crocodile off wrist.JPG

Is the flaw incorrect rotor?

Mil04 the flaw is in the stainless steel bezel. The Tachy scale is missing the 170 marker, I think it's on all of them, never noticed until I had owned the watch for about a week, didn't even catch it in QC pics, now it's all I see.

I think the bezel is e

Mil04 the flaw is in the stainless steel bezel. The Tachy scale is missing the 170 marker, I think it's on all of them, never noticed until I had owned the watch for about a week, didn't even catch it in QC pics, now it's all I see.

The bezel I think is easy fix: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-TAG-HEUER-CARRERA-WATCH-SILVER-PART-/310407771877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4845beb6e5#ht_5638wt_1289

If the construction of this model is anything like the Day/Date Carrera I have, then the stainless bezel model is one piece, no separate insert.  Check my thread detailing this below, scroll down until you see the photos of the stainless bezel...

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/160244-carrera-cv2a10-case-pushers-bezel-insert-chapter-ring-work-in-progress/

SANY0727_zpsaf44aacd.jpg

SANY0728_zps1113af13.jpg

Edited by SSTEEL

I just did the screw swap on a Carrera. First time, was dead easy. Took one at a time, skipped three (under balance and under chrono reset thingie), the only one that was a bit fiddly was the one that holds the 30-minute wheel spring.

I ordered the screws below from cousinsuk.

(One thing I noticed was that there was no gasket under the caseback, anyone knows the dimensions?)

Screw For Barrel & Train Bridge + Others ( 5106 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL77505106) x 6 @ £2.15

Screw For Operating Lever + Other ( 58139 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL775058139) x 2 @ £3.85

Screw For Balance Bridge ( 5121 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL77505121) x 2 @ £2.93

Screw For Oscillating Weight ( 51143 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL775051143) x 1 @ £2.93

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My supplier of gen Tag parts has one listed on his ebay account..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAG-HEUER-CARRERA-DAYDATE-CV2A10-CHRONO-CALIBRE-16-CRYSTAL-GASKET-BACK-GASKET-/261105901951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccb1fe17f

I just did the screw swap on a Carrera. First time, was dead easy. Took one at a time, skipped three (under balance and under chrono reset thingie), the only one that was a bit fiddly was the one that holds the 30-minute wheel spring.

I ordered the screws below from cousinsuk.

(One thing I noticed was that there was no gasket under the caseback, anyone knows the dimensions?)

Screw For Barrel & Train Bridge + Others ( 5106 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL77505106) x 6 @ £2.15
Screw For Operating Lever + Other ( 58139 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL775058139) x 2 @ £3.85
Screw For Balance Bridge ( 5121 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL77505121) x 2 @ £2.93
Screw For Oscillating Weight ( 51143 ), Valjoux 7750 (VAL775051143) x 1 @ £2.93

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...