When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Colt 44

BlackFlash

I'm looking forward to making a purchase of the Colt 44 from Trusty Time. I happen to like the white face with black rubber strap for a sporty look (though I do like the brown leather and link). Seems as if this model isn't exactly the most popular. Regardless, it's a fairly inexpensive piece ($98) that has a modest look and a quartz movement (per gen). 

Do you think it being so "modest" (read: not flashy at all) is why it's not spoken of too much, is it a not-so-great rep, or both? 

Chime in and let me know what you think of the watch and the rep. I've been reading a lot on this site, but still don't think I have a critical eye like many of the seasoned members on here. 

Thanks.

Flash

There are hundreds of reps. Do you have a link to that particular watch?

It would have been easier to comment if we actually knew how the watch looked like.

http://bit.ly/139B6jw

Perhaps the link above is a better resource than me describing it. Again, it's the Colt 44 with a white face and black rubber strap. Fairly easy to navigate to on Andrew's website even if the link doesn't work (which it should).

Hope this helps with the conversation.

Flash

• Like 1

Its a quartz so not talked about much.....

$98.00 watch so great price but cheap watches do not get much attention

bezel and pearl look quite inferior on this replica...but I am not a Breitling expert

Gunnar

Doesn't look too great to me, either.

The pearl looks like a pimple that's about to burst. :D

Spend a little more and get a decent Fish replica like this:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_144&products_id=9241

Much nicer watch than Colt (gen or rep).

I do like the Fish. Toro seems to offer it with a white face and black rubber strap. That's the combo I was looking for. Though the Colt 44 is a "cleaner" face, the SteelFish is a close second. And with it being a closer-to-gen rep, it just might do the trick.

Who was the seller?

Bought mine from Sead/Supermirrors when the V2 came out, mesh has gone now sadly but dealers have them in stock  :)  I love mesh bracelets in pics but they feel too blingy when I wear them, weird I know   :whistling:   

As it turns out, Andrew just emailed me to let me know that the Colt isn't available. Maybe it's time to get the Fish after all! Apparently, I'll have to go through him as I now have a credit. Hopefully, he can get his hands on a decent copy.

Flash