When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Seadweller classic 16600 what do you think of this one

aa007210

Hi I am about to buy this Rolex Seadweller classic 16600 with Swiss ETA 2836-2. This is a out of the box piece. Do you see any flaws? Interesting one or are there better out of the box pieces who are for sale at the moment. Thank you for your help. I am searching for this model quite some time now. What do I need to know when I want to give it some mods after purchasing it. I am think about the TC dial and TC hands. 

post-54583-0-77313000-1373811115_thumb.j

Just got the Asian version of that myself from Joshua. Absolutely fine apart from 9 bar a little crooked. Even passed a 60m pressure test out of the box,

Build looks good and clean inside but O rings could have done with some more lube.

Mine was running slow but a quick bit of work and lube got it to -1second a day, 320 amplitude and 0.0 beat error

You need a new bezel! Polish the bracelet to look as the gen! I got a gen !

I have a whole box of different bezels, so will try and find a better match, but cant see too much wrong with the current one, Whats the giveaway? (I'm not a bevel expert)

Not seen a Gen to see what the bracelet looks like, but yes the current one is a bit sharp on the edges and could do with some work. Again what do you see as the remedy?

Thanks

S

There aren't any 16600 with polished links but the sides of the links are.

On these the top is brushed and the sides polished, which sounds right then, they just need rounding the edges a little

There aren't any 16600 with polished links but the sides of the links are.

Best is to buy a TC 93160a...the most genlike rep bracelet ever I would say :)

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperwa

Mine has the same inscription as the TC bracelet. I cannot see any difference from the pics from TC and my bracelet. What should be the quality difference. The links of my bracelet are solid and of course the clasp feels different comparing with the more solid clasp of the Sub Date Ceramic. Spending some money on a better bracelet is not the problem but is it worth?

I saw some bezel inserts for the 16600 on ebay. Do they fit? Does anyone has experience on this? He sells the bezel insert and the bezel + insert. Seems to be a nice price but does it fit on a rep 16600? Thanks for your help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-SEA-DWELLER-16600-or-16660-PART-/310529189504?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484cfb6680

Trust me...it's worth it...and...if the links of your bracelet are solid (even the midlinks) than it's far off...a 93160A has hollow mid links just like a 93250 has.

The TC bracelet feels really gen like and it's only 40something € to spend :)

I never bought from WSO but there are some horror stories rumouring around. But besides this...the inlay shown isn't even close to gen...the inlay you already have looks much better :)

Trust me...it's worth it...and...if the links of your bracelet are solid (even the midlinks) than it's far off...a 93160A has hollow mid links just like a 93250 has.

The TC bracelet feels really gen like and it's only 40something € to spend :)

I never bought from WSO but there are some horror stories rumouring around. But besides this...the inlay shown isn't even close to gen...the inlay you already have looks much better :)

I will send TC a email. I visit California. Maybe I can pick it up :)