When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me choose between 2 F1 reps please

mikeoi

Hello guys, quick question! I want to get a Tag f1 rep, this will be my first rep. I can see the watch available from two sellers, one is charging more than the other. What I'd like to know is, is it the same watch? I see the pure time says it was added in 2012 but trusty time says theres was added 2009. So is the puretime a newer rep? 

Thanks a lot, if it's the same I'l obviously get the cheaper one! But if the puretime is better, i'll get that!

one here       puretime.co/product/formula-1-chrono-ss-black-dial-on-bracelet-swiss-eta-quartz/

and the other here         ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_215&products_id=3841

EDIT: I had to take the www. out of the links as I was not allowed to post a link until I've made 5 posts. 

Thanks again. 

Edited by mikeoi

I would venture to guess they are probably the same watch. Sometimes dealers have different prices. I would suggest you email both dealers to confirm availability before ordering. A lot of beginners jump in and order a watch without inquiring about availability only to get upset when the dealer comes back and says the watch is out of stock and to please pick another.

Don't believe it is in stock just b/c the website says it is. Trust me, it happened to me on my first order.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi I actually have the gen version of this watch in my hand ATM

I Just had a good look at the trusty version for you and I can't see any real issues, Apart from the lume on the markers is a little untidy, but in fairness I have had this watch for over a year and that was the very first time I ever looked at the lume.

Don't forget these photos are many times bigger the actual size. Plus I don't believe this model (gen) has an AR, well mine doesn't and it's Gen... It's also been back to tag for 3 repairs in a year, so in all likely hood the rep will be more reliable lol

The other issue with this watch is the red hand is a stop watch, so if you swap watches like me, you can hit the stopwatch function and forget and just think it's a second hand.. The result is a flat battery in 14 weeks and a £45 + vat for a replacement and water proofing :-( sounds silly but it such a simple mistake to make !

Jonny

Edited by Jonny2400

Just get a real one. They are cheap enough

But they charge $1000 for the Gen which usually uses the exact same ETA quartz movement. so you can pay $1000 for a gen swiss quartz, or you could pay $200 for a Rep with a gen movement. No brainer, when it comes to quartz reps, go rep.