When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot help

sooty1978

In short, I'd have to say no.

1. It's a quartz movement. I don't know about you, but personally, and I think most of this forum would agree, an automatic movement is in a whole different league. I don't buy any quartz watches at all now, the feeling of your gears winding on your wrist as you move around, the aesthetic of an open caseback, the 'unlimited use' i.e no batteries needed factor... makes automatic movements god-tier. Additionally, the genuine BB are all automatic. Takes away from the genuine-factor of the watch.

2. It's a diamonds rep. I don't think there's any explaining to do - you don't really want to buy your other half a watch with obviously fake crystals. This is not to take away from any of our fine watchmakers in the rep factories, but it really just doesn't work very well. Diamonds are a prestige that in my opinion, have to be genuine.  

3. The quartz movement means that the caseback is closed. The big bang series are all (afaik) open caseback. Means obviously it's taking away from the 'genuinity' of the watch.

4. It's also a gold watch, which are also, in my opinion, a no-no when it comes to reps. The gold is unlikely to look/feel genuine and will take away from its overall aesthetic.

If you want to buy a Hublot for your missus, I'd pick a classic fusion, maybe something like this one from Andrew: http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_307&products_id=9791

The classic fusion sits better on small wrists (I've got both the BB and the Classic fusion and I've got a thin wrist - the classic fusion sits perfectly on my wrist), a reliable Asian automatic movement, stainless steel, et cetera.

In any case, I'd recommend you try to get an automatic movement and make sure it's made of parts that rep-makers can afford - i.e stainless steel. I'm not sure if there are 38mm version of the V6 Big Bang, but if there are, definitely aim for a V6 - it's considered a super-rep - a watch that is so close to the genuine that only someone very knowledgeable will be able to tell the difference, and so only with very close inspection of the watch. 

Of course if details like these don't bother you and won't bother your missus, you can go ahead and get that one, but here at RWG we're all pretty scrutinous when it comes to buying reps.

And a wristie of my V6 Big Bang!

Good luck buddy.

post-49155-0-04706900-1374131566_thumb.j

I've got one quartz watch and it's a good movement, but like Cory said "the feeling of your gears winding on your wrist as you move around, the aesthetic of an open caseback, the 'unlimited use' i.e no batteries needed factor... makes automatic movements god-tier. Additionally, the genuine BB are all automatic" .

I would also go for an automatic A7750 movement if this watch is available with that movement.

Further diamons on a rep is for me a no go, it never looks as good as per genuine. The link to the Classic Fusion Cory gave you is an nice model, I would say go for that Classic Fusion in Rose Gold for your lady, it's a beautiful watch.

Good luck!

Edited by martijnp

For women, a lot of them just don't want to be bothered with the whole idea of winding a watch, setting it etc etc. To them it's more a fashion piece than any sort of horological interest. That said, like the others have said, i'd avoid rep diamonds, not only do they look cheap, they're also extremely tacky. I too would take a look at some ladies quartz Classic Fusion.

Some other notes regarding Hublot:

The HBB v6 rep is hands down the best and closest to gen (though probably not suitable for your missus)

The only Hublots that come in quartz are non-chrono 38mm Big Bangs and the Classic Fusion, what you linked before is a fantasy model

Classic Fusion reps come in 38mm, 42mm (rare) and 45mm (most common and more accurately repped than the other CFs)

I have seen plenty of women on the forums wearing HBBs..... and for some they love em..... the best Womans HBB is by the H maker not the TAG maker (V6)...

But generally most prefer others....

You should also be careful with a blanket statement on the V6 models... not all are great...they vary... some are the best OTB available and some need work before you put it on your wrist..

The 38mm HBB s are the best HBB option for a smaller wrist and there are some nice OTB versions out there....

My personal favourite on my wife is here Chanel 12 ceramic.... they are quartz and are indistinguishable from the gens on the wrist.... my mrs has the white, the pink and the black with CZ bezels and markers... the black looks like polished antrhacite...really catches the light :)