When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

CONFIRMED! New GMTc 116710LN has new BLUE LUME!

Nixmazda

I just receive my new 116710LN and have been more than happy with it. Well yesterday I walked in from outside, looked down and saw a very familiar color lume to my 116610! I was assuming it was going to be green, as it has been since its introduction. Well surprise surprise...

I know the new GMTc with the black/blue bezel has the new blue lume...but here is confirmation that the all black bezels do as well!

The one on the right is a brand new one at an AD that I took pictures with it next to this morning. The piece on the left is mine. BOTH are random serials!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And some solo shots of mine...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a few shots of mine next to 5 other Gens. Mine is the furthest left, there is another brand new one next to it with the new blue lume and the other 4 are brand new as well but have green lume! This absolutely confirms that the new GEN 116710LN has blue lume. 4e9ujaqy.jpgedeqybe2.jpguradebe9.jpg

Edited by Nixmazda

Very nice watch, and your candid reply is honest and probably parallels the views of quite a few folks who frequent the rep forums. They aren't necessarily "in to" reps per se, but use them as a tool to facilitate decision making, which in my mind, can't be faulted.  

I certainly can appreciate what you are saying about "trying before you buy" There have been quite a few times in my watch collecting/buying career that I have really wanted a particular watch, plunked down several thousand dollars, got the watch on my wrist, and try as I might, it just didn't "Sing" to me. In a lot of cases, selling a watch that's essentially brand new, but in reality is a used watch, results in a pretty good loss. Seems like if it were possible, buying a rep at say 250.00 USD wearing it for a while and if you really like it, buy the gen, if you don't sell the rep for 175-200,USD and move on to the next one!!  

Very nice watch, and your candid reply is honest and probably parallels the views of quite a few folks who frequent the rep forums. They aren't necessarily "in to" reps per se, but use them as a tool to facilitate decision making, which in my mind, can't be faulted.

I certainly can appreciate what you are saying about "trying before you buy" There have been quite a few times in my watch collecting/buying career that I have really wanted a particular watch, plunked down several thousand dollars, got the watch on my wrist, and try as I might, it just didn't "Sing" to me. In a lot of cases, selling a watch that's essentially brand new, but in reality is a used watch, results in a pretty good loss. Seems like if it were possible, buying a rep at say 250.00 USD wearing it for a while and if you really like it, buy the gen, if you don't sell the rep for 175-200,USD and move on to the next one!!

That's exactly it. As long as they are portrayed for what they are...I see no fault in owning one. I also find them to be similar to building a model car. It's fun to source certain parts and build them up. It's a cheap, fun and entertaining way to enjoy a different side of the watch world. Many of us on here have an extensive gen collection, but really have fun with the reps too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

What? My Gen GMT2C has green lume and it is random serial..

How did you get one with blue lume?

Rolex is changing their entire professional line to the new Chromalight blue lume. This includes the GMTc. The Daytonas have also started to change starting with the new 50th anniversary platinum/chestnut. Milgauss will remain dual lumed on their dials, each of which have a different lume pattern. The yachts, explorers, subs and deepsea are/will be the new Chromalight lume across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2