When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

adjusting the speed of a eta 2836-2 mvt?

Hello to all,

I noticed that the gold colored eta 2836 -2 mvt used in the Omega replica does not have a leaver for adjusting it to either the (+) or (-) position as with the older eta movements. 

My understanding is that if the watch was running fast,one would move the leaver to the (-) position until you get it correct and if running slow, the leaver is moved towards the (+) direction

Instead  the new 2836 mvt,  it has a screw with some kind of a wish bone around it.  If anyone has ever adjusted one of these, I would appreciated your advice on how to adjust a mechanism that is running one minute fast per day?  Thanks in advance!!!!

The screw is an eccentric adjuster if you look closely you will see that the screw slot has an open and a closed end the open end should always point out of the wish bone, turn the screw so the open end points to the - and it will run slower to the + and it will run faster. You should have 20 seconds plus and minus adjustment as every graduation is worth 5 seconds

The screw is an eccentric adjuster if you look closely you will see that the screw slot has an open and a closed end the open end should always point out of the wish bone, turn the screw so the open end points to the - and it will run slower to the + and it will run faster. You should have 20 seconds plus and minus adjustment as every graduation is worth 5 seconds

WOW!!!!Thanks,

so if it is picking up one minute each day, how many graduation points would you attempt to turn to the (-) ?  I have been looking through the archives, hoping to see a demonstrtion or tutorial of this without success!!!

If it is gaining a min a day I would recommend getting it checked by a watch smith as that is too much for the fine adjuster to fix, remember that you only have adjustment of +- 20 sec a day any thing more than that and you have to remove the auto wind bridge and move the main adjuster arm, and if you are having to ask about this then I assume you don't have a vibrograph to make the adjustments and check the beat by.

• Like 1

If it is gaining a min a day I would recommend getting it checked by a watch smith as that is too much for the fine adjuster to fix, remember that you only have adjustment of +- 20 sec a day any thing more than that and you have to remove the auto wind bridge and move the main adjuster arm, and if you are having to ask about this then I assume you don't have a vibrograph to make the adjustments and check the beat by.

Thanks!!!!   I saw that happen once with an IWC which had just been serviced