When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: BK YM vs TC LV (Quality Check)

wiseguy1481

Hey guys, I know we all love different opinion and reviews based on the different watches that we all love. We all know that the TC Sub is the best sub out there (in my opinion).

I just purchased a BK YM from another member on the forum with a GEN crystal and GEN crown/tube. I must say that I am overall very pleased with the quality of the work on this BK YM. For having a number of superfranken watches this BK YM really is a nice watch.

The only issues/concern I have with this watch is the bracelet and clasp. The TC V3 bracelet is very well constructed and fits the Sub perfectly. The BK YM bracelet is a 7 out of 10 for me. I think there could be a lot better quality and fitment to the case..... So now I am in search of a better bracelet to really make this thing pop.

Here are a few pics just for fun and comparison. Again, this is not comparing SUB for SUB but better yet the overall quality of the TC build and a BK YM build... and.... my opinion:

post-51930-0-95005700-1374903008_thumb.j

post-51930-0-78205200-1374903018_thumb.j

post-51930-0-15369900-1374903029_thumb.j

post-51930-0-51502400-1374903037_thumb.j

Are you aware that the SELs on YM protrude over the lugs on the gen?

rolex-yacht-master-051.jpg

YM doesn't have similar SELs as the classic Submariner and GMT Master.