When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fair Price For 1665 Sub Parts?

M5Man

Found a source today that has some parts and wanted to get a litttle feedback..

we have the crystal ----- $185 (Tropic 39)

dot only $85 (1665 Insert pearl)

insert ---------- ned measurement ---- about $350

crown 8 mm -------------- $900 ( I think he's INSANE on this one)

I walked into a source on ebay that The Zigmeister set me straight on. The source asked 250 for a crystal. 150 for a genuine insert. 100 for crown and tube.

This guy is even worse on the crown....must be a typo....like an extra '0' and then its still expensive....

Found a source today that has some parts and wanted to get a litttle feedback..

we have the crystal ----- $185 (Tropic 39)

dot only $85 (1665 Insert pearl)

insert ---------- ned measurement ---- about $350

crown 8 mm -------------- $900 ( I think he's INSANE on this one)

its supply and demand. with these parts in ever decreasing supplies its only going to get worse. ive seen some scary prices for gen parts.

original 93150 bracelets are more than the cost of a few rep watches and a nice mint rivetted bracelet is going to cost you seriously more. when you think that these are, by relative sense, easily available it doesnt take too much to see that theres going to be issues with rare parts that people are fighting over to keep original spec.

IMHO a major factor is the prevelance of reps these days. there such a market now and its just multiplying the difficulties expontentially.

rep owners are guzzling up all the ancilliary parts to get theirs closer to the real deal making in tough on everyone, gen owners included.

just look at bezel inserts, scarce to find good ones now when they used to be plentiful. any coincidence that all those reps are after a decent bezel as stage one of improvements

theres literature going for more than whole watches did new these days.

the one god send is that the readily available triplock is the current replacement for these. sticking this onto your watch will both make it pass slightly more muster and not force you to get a bank loan.

adding these NOS parts to a rep doesnt make any sense when its costing 5 or 6 times the total watch price.

when its a gen vintage and you want to keep originality at all costs it becomes a tougher call.

my own opinion is that if its crown and theres guards then its not worth it, especially when the later crown and tube combo offers improved engineering.