When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help On A Rolex Case

Dutch

Been a long time Panerai fool, but recently got into Rolex. Some changes aren't so bad...

I've been on the hunt for a good submariner and I realized that I've had a Rolex rep before. A rep I got from a friend that he picked up on a trip to Turkey some 8/9 years back for like $35.

Everything on that watch is garbage, BUT I looked closely at the case and the case looks like those vintage MBW etc cases.

I am just a noob on Rolex, so I've taken some pics to share with you all. Could someone tell me if it's something or that it's just a piece of junk metal.

post-1931-1164754333_thumb.jpgpost-1931-1164754370_thumb.jpgpost-1931-1164754390_thumb.jpg

post-1931-1164754523_thumb.jpgpost-1931-1164754545_thumb.jpgpost-1931-1164754615_thumb.jpgpost-1931-1164754641_thumb.jpg

thats a rep modern case from the looks of it, has a small lip in the inner top for the crystal to press in, and a lip on the outside for the bezel to snap under.

i think i see a hole on the top left also for the pin that creates the click.

lugs look kinda iffy, tube is pooh, and the cg's need a nosejob, but the rehaut actually looks pretty good. you may be able to make something out of this

A vintage MBW case is going to be smaller than a 16610 era sub case. Case diameter is going to run in the 38.5 mm range w/o the bezel. My watchmaster has 5513 on one end between the lugs and an L serial # on the other end- the L serial is bogus (1989-90). I've seen similar on vintage MBW's.

A 16610 case is going to run 39.5mm to 40 mm and have 16610 inscribed between the end lugs. Serial #'s should have a letter infront, starting w/ R- 1988+

L

E

X

and so forth, up to D for the latest, as I recall.