When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So confused!

Kck74

Hi all,

So, ok, I've been been trying my best to find the nicest PO or SM, although leaning towards the former if I'm honest. This will be my first rep, I have a couple of Tissot's as that's my budget limit for gen!

Precious Time, Trusty Time, Perfect Clones..... AAAARGHHHH!!!!!

I've been round and round in circles a million times, i've read more reviews than when we found a new school for our youngest son, WOW!

I will be honest as this is my first foray into expensive watches/reps will it make much difference?

Will going to any of the recommended dealers on this site yield me with any sort of disappointment to my untrained eye?

All help is really appreciated from an eager newbie

Kev

Replicas are approximations...even after years on this board it can be difficult to spot a great replica among the trash based on QC pictures...if you buy you will make mistakes along the way

Advice buy a watch you like and would wear...start with a 250-300US$ replica from Trusty and take it from there

I can really recommend the LM one from PureTime. After 2 CrPO's from Trusty I decided to take a different route since I just wasn't happy with them.

I posted my QC pics of my LMPO on this thread: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/159049-noob-factory-ceramic-po-and-lm-le-lm-due-for-release/page-6

I really wish they had the black LM in 45 MM. The difference in size is yummy.

The trick mate aint to concern yourself with dealers.... thats a different research project.... they re all much of a muchness...with small variations in things like price, shipping costs, time, QC pics, guarantees against customs loss etc etc

The key in your research about particular models is knowing the version and the maker.... once you know that ...and you aint sure which it is on a particular dealers site then you just email them and say something like...have you got the H-Makers SA V3 white dial batons A7750...the dealer will either send you back a yes and here is link on my site or will say its not on my site but I can get it...

If you go to someone like Sead at supermirrors he deosnt have a website but can get you any rep you want and for a lot less than the bigger dealers... however if you pay the extra the service you can get is smoother generally especially if you are new at this game...

For me ...I ask Sead say..Can you get this particular model and how much shipped... he replies back...I send payment.... I dont ask for QC pics or tracking..I have known S a long time and I know he will check it thoroughly and if that model has a particular weakness I will ask him to check that..say like the crown stem or the like... when it arrives if there is a problem ..he just gets me to send it back to his EU addy and I get refund or replacement..

With Josh ...its more formal, you place order... you get instructions ..once bought you get QC pics then you get tracking number.... it all takes a few days

But between those to methods you will find all dealers are the same... smaller ones are cheaper and you develop more personal relationships though as I say that I think of how well I can talk to Angus at Puretime and how helpful he is...

So for a first buy mate use Puretime, Perfect or Trusty.... you will pay more but you will ease into the process much more comfortably..then as you get more into the buying you can go to others and see how you like it.... :)

I can really recommend the LM one from PureTime. After 2 CrPO's from Trusty I decided to take a different route since I just wasn't happy with them.

I posted my QC pics of my LMPO on this thread: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/159049-noob-factory-ceramic-po-and-lm-le-lm-due-for-release/page-6

I really wish they had the black LM in 45 MM. The difference in size is yummy.

The gen LM 45mm is only in blue/ti... the maker is not going to make one at the moment as they cannot match the gen blue and the LM look..

If you want 45mm then wait a bit for the new batch of ceramic 45s... they have improved a few areas from the first release

The gen LM 45mm is only in blue/ti... the maker is not going to make one at the moment as they cannot match the gen blue and the LM look..

If you want 45mm then wait a bit for the new batch of ceramic 45s... they have improved a few areas from the first release

Yep, I know, I simply meant that I wish that the 45MM LM came in the Black Bezel since I'm a much better fan of the 45MM size . Someone on this forum did a nice review on the LM 45MM  Blue/Ti and it looked pretty good. I'll be ordering those from N factory as soon as they come out.