When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HR Sharly

OwenAmbrose

Hi guys. So my friend acquired a HR Sharly watch 1 or 2 years ago. It's a nice looking watch if you're into this type of thing. It has a mother of pearl face, Croc/Alligator skin strap, and diamonds around the case. I wanted to start with putting some photos up but it seems I cant until I have 5 posts. They're on Flickr and I'm about to update my profile to include a link to my Flickr account if anyone wants to see the pics. I'm not the best photographer and only have an iPhone to work with, so forgive the quality.

So I was just wondering what your opinions were on the watch, and if anyone has heard of HR Sharly before? A while ago my friend took the watch to one of the jewellers in Hatton Garden for a valuation. They had a look at it and hadn't heard of the brand, and said it's not a good watch in the sense of having a good movement, being well constructed, being made from quality components etc. but it is worth a bit because of the diamonds. I can't remember the value but it was somewhere between £1000 and £2000. Anyone from London will tell you the jewellers in Hatton Garden are professional and reliable, so I cant see them being wrong about the watch and the authenticity of the diamonds, unless they didn't actually assess the diamonds they just had a quick look and gave the price based on the assumption that the diamonds were real.

My friend has been thinking about selling the watch. I'm not personally interested because it's not really my type of watch, and if I was spending good money on a watch I'd be more interested in getting a well-made and reliable timepiece, rather than something that's only worth the money because it has some bling on it - that of course only applies if the diamonds are real. I am however interested in finding out more about the brand and if their watches are actually any good. I've used the search engine on the forum already to see if it has come up before but didn't find anything related.

When I googled 'HR Sharly' it didn't bring up any online retailers selling the watches, or any official HR Sharly website. It did show one Ebay listing from the USA which started at about $700 USD and ended with no bids, and a classified ad from Bahrain where someone was selling one for approx. £250. That price is interesting as the watch looks like it has the same amount of 'diamonds' as my friends watch.

What I did find out from the search was that 'HR Sharly' was registered as a trademark in 2007 to 'Abdul Rahman Al-Daham & Partner Company'.  Searching that then brought me to aldaham.com - a Saudi Arabian company that doesn't seem to have branches outside of Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf countries and doesn't sell online. Although they claim to sell fine Swiss watches, the only watches I can see on their site are HR Sharly and other  brands I've never heard of that also seem to belong to them (based on searching the registered trademark databases).

So it seems they are one of these companies you see that produce cheap watches that look flashy and sell for an inflated price, that is usually marketed at as a heavily reduced price, although nowhere actually seems to sell the watches at the 'full' price - only the 'reduced' price...

Pretty easy to tell if the diamonds are real or cubic zirconia. any jewelry kiosk in a big mall will have a diamond tester, pawn shops as well. Never heard of the brand. I would imagine that this is going to be a hard sell as it is and unknown brand, and obviously is pretty poor quality.