When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any experience with Ballon Bleu?

myulchi

Hello.

Thanks to knowledgeable members here, I have successfully purchsed my first two rep watches from Toros. (Breitling SF, and SMP ceramic)

I am now hunting for another watch (for my wife), and I thought I'd ask here before I make the purchase. I am looking for Ballon Bleu 36mm SS with seconds hand. I contated Andrew but he said he is out of automatic ones, and recommended quartz. I looked at Puretime and they had some nice ones but the price was expensive $498. I am leaning toward the one from Puretime, but I was wondering if any member here have purchased it. I'd definetely like to hear some feedbacks.

http://puretime.co/product/ballon-bleu-de-ss-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-eta2671/

is the one I am considering. Any help or experience with purchasing ballon Bleu would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Dan

Does your wife LOVE mechanical things? Or will winding a watch (and maybe the watch stops) make her angry ...

Perhaps think about a high quality replica but with ***quartz*** battery power .. not super expensive gen ETA .. Cartier makes quartz gens, so this is not a big "tell" ...

I got a quartz one for my partner without second hand and it has been her favorite. She prefers quartz as she doesn't have to adjust time whenever she hasn't used it for a long period of time. It becomes less of a hassle.

I recently pick up a 42mm Ballon for my wife from Toro. What questions do you have?

Thanks for your help. How is the build quality? Do you recommend it? Also, what would be the difference btn what puretime has for $498 and toros for $378? 42mm would be too big for my wife and she must have a seconds hand which narrows down choices toward more expensive ones. :(

Does your wife LOVE mechanical things? Or will winding a watch (and maybe the watch stops) make her angry ...

Perhaps think about a high quality replica but with ***quartz*** battery power .. not super expensive gen ETA .. Cartier makes quartz gens, so this is not a big "tell" ...

I tried to search for quartz version that met below criteria but have failed.

1) second hands

2) only SS. No gold color

3) mid or smaller ladies size

I plan to order a watch winder if I get the watch. Thank you for your comment!

I got a quartz one for my partner without second hand and it has been her favorite. She prefers quartz as she doesn't have to adjust time whenever she hasn't used it for a long period of time. It becomes less of a hassle.

My wife wanted quartz, but I failed to find the one with the three criteria I mentioned above. She definitely needs second hands as her job requires it.

Thanks for your help. How is the build quality? Do you recommend it? Also, what would be the difference btn what puretime has for $498 and toros for $378? 42mm would be too big for my wife and she must have a seconds hand which narrows down choices toward more expensive ones. :(
I think the build quality is excellent. At the special price, I should have grabbed two so I would have a back up when my wife ends up destroying the first on in Toro-Delivers-the-Specials!-Pam-292j,-Cartier-Santos,-and-Ballon-Bleu-(Pic-Heavy) http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?/topic/160350-Toro-Delivers-the-Specials!-Pam-292j,-Cartier-Santos,-and-Ballon-Bleu-(Pic-Heavy)a couple of years. ;) She can be fairly rough on her watches. Edited by jamesfl