When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help please - springbar for Angus Red Sub?

rek001

Hi guys, I just bought a very cool vintage Red Sub from Angus.

Been having trouble sizing the bracelet, one screw was screw was impossibly frozen in the link.

So I took it to a jeweler who finally removed the link with much effort.

I was so happy when I came home, finally able to wear it, but the bracelet still felt a bit too loose.

I depressed the springbar inside the clasp and it broke, the end cap came off, SO frustrating.

I was looking at the broken springbar and it is very poor quality, could have broken off in the street.

Does anyone know what size and thickness springbar I need to buy - this is the one that is attached to end of the diver's extension and sits within the clasp.

I've never had to buy replacement springbars, new experience but I'm thinking I should replace them on all my Rollies.

Thanks very much.

Pretty easy, measure the size of the springbar inside the clasp, you can order them from any watch supply house, probably find them on EBay as well. That one was probably broken when it was put in at the factory. I have never had one of those internal springbars break.

Thanks for responses gentlemen.

I'll measure and order some from Offshore/watchbitz.

I have a feeling the jeweler was probably a bit rough re-installing the springbar inside the clasp, and it gave out.

Yeah this is a weak spot that people forget about.  Big manly 2mm springbars in the lugs aren't much good when you have a tiny little piece like that in the clasp.

post-32-0-75617100-1377707128_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Update: I tried to measure the freaking broken springbar but it's sooo petite and skinny (sorry bourbon talking) that I could not get an accurate measurement.

(No caliper, just steel ruler...no good,  is it 1.6mm or 1.8 mm thick? Arrgh.

Sigh. I've had this watch for 2 weeks now, haven't been able to wear it.

OK, one last time, some one who has Angus' Red Sub, please, know what size and width springbar I would need to buy - that would fit into end of diver extension which then clicks into the clasp?

Thanks much.

Not eBay, I would like to buy and support Offshore/Watchbitz, a forum member who has a watch parts supply business, but he has 3 different sets of assorted sized springbars to choose from, it would help to know what size I need to buy.