When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP 16613 construction

irolexu

Not to my knowledge. It'll require some extensive modifications to accommodate gen parts. Someone correct me otherwise.

I'm not even sure it could be modified to accept gen parts.

Cheapest route on a 16613 would be TC case, gold aftermarket bezel, gold crown and then a dial and bezel insert. Bracelet would be a challenge also.

You could try a ST3135 case also if you had access to one.

There's just no easy way to build a decent 16613!

ST would be a lot cheaper than the Sean case, but the biggest problem with the 16613 is going to be a decent bracelet. There just aren't any around at the moment. Hopefully, if the TC bracelet comes to fruition, that will be a really good source, but that's still on the horizon. Another alternative, although expensive would be to find a good solid gold mid link aftermarket bracelet in 14 or18k, then add a 16610 clasp. Even a used one will be expensive. Like alligoat stared, really believable 16613's are not and easy or cheap build!! 

ST would be a lot cheaper than the Sean case, but the biggest problem with the 16613 is going to be a decent bracelet. There just aren't any around at the moment. Hopefully, if the TC bracelet comes to fruition, that will be a really good source, but that's still on the horizon. Another alternative, although expensive would be to find a good solid gold mid link aftermarket bracelet in 14 or18k, then add a 16610 clasp. Even a used one will be expensive. Like alligoat stared, really believable 16613's are not and easy or cheap build!! 

Yeah the WSO 18k bracelet for example will run you just north of $900 and this is for a two piece endlink.

Ya. It's a challenge making the perfect TT AS those gold parts are what they are..GOLD. As we know gold prices are high so creating a sub that will hold its water for a long period of time is just not cost effective and you will end up 90% cost of gen...no bueno

Ya. It's a challenge making the perfect TT AS those gold parts are what they are..GOLD. As we know gold prices are high so creating a sub that will hold its water for a long period of time is just not cost effective and you will end up 90% cost of gen...no bueno

Very true, that's why for the most part, building one of these "almost gen"contemporary subs is probably not a great idea, strictly from a dollars and cents standpoint. I know, been there, done that, and got the T shirt, but you can get way over budget really fast when you factor in the cost of real gold parts, gen dials, inserts, crowns, bezels, etc.