When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new ID on speedmaster

docdoc

Yes, also the 311.30.44.50.01.002 is 44 mm co-axial version with Sap Xtal - this is a hesilite model.

From the dial my guess would be a 1970's Standard Speedy Pro (ST145012).... but... not sure... I like Speedys but am not pro on them.

Indicators are:

1) "S and P" in Speedmaster are not on same level and a final "r" with mid-level decline - so not a 80's model.

2) The "T"s in the 6 o'clock position align with the 5 second markers and the thick hour marker is shortened to not cover the seconds markers.

Movement likely to be an 861. The change to the plated 1861 was 1996 and this is a good bit older than that... but would be shocked if it housed a 321 or transitional movement.

As for the crazy modle numbers they all do have meanings:

In the case of the 311.30.44.50.01.002

after the 311 the first two numbers are 30 which means: SS plus assorted metal. Next to mean its 44 mm. Next two mean Mech Co-Axial with no complication (the "0" on the complications part). 01 means she has a black face. and 002 is the sequence number.

• Like 1

Yes, also the 311.30.44.50.01.002 is 44 mm co-axial version with Sap Xtal - this is a hesilite model.

From the dial my guess would be a 1970's Standard Speedy Pro (ST145012).... but... not sure... I like Speedys but am not pro on them.

Indicators are:

1) "S and P" in Speedmaster are not on same level and a final "r" with mid-level decline - so not a 80's model.

2) The "T"s in the 6 o'clock position align with the 5 second markers and the thick hour marker is shortened to not cover the seconds markers.

Movement likely to be an 861. The change to the plated 1861 was 1996 and this is a good bit older than that... but would be shocked if it housed a 321 or transitional movement.

As for the crazy modle numbers they all do have meanings:

In the case of the 311.30.44.50.01.002

after the 311 the first two numbers are 30 which means: SS plus assorted metal. Next to mean its 44 mm. Next two mean Mech Co-Axial with no complication (the "0" on the complications part). 01 means she has a black face. and 002 is the sequence number.

What he said...lol