When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

newb help please

umairarif

hi all,

I am looking to buy a watch, a good watch. I am in hotel management and meet and greet people who are mostly at a level of wearing gen rolexes or breitlings.
Now I cant afford that. At the min I am wearing casio red-bull-racing-limited-eddition-watch-eqwa1000rb1aer. I want to keep this watch too and buy another one. MY budget is £300. I met a friend who bought a rep rolex from from dubai and it looked like a gen may be because I never owned a rolex. So I started searching and came to this forum and then trusty. I have been looking at rep breitling avenger/seawolf which are around 250-350 £. All I want to know is that is how long will they work fine and not need service or repairs, how good is the scratch proof or resistance glass and stainless material.
Looking forward to your replies guys.
regards.

Hi mate  :)  if your looking at a sapphire crystal they do not scratch easy at all, the movement you choose will last you fine but do allow for a service down the line as we don't always get the best movements in our reps, in saying that I have only experienced a couple dodgy ones in the last couple years and lots of reps purchased  ;)

Do a bit of research on the forum for a good model to buy, you could start by checking out the Super rep 2013 thread in my signature.......enjoy and let us know what you get mate, we love pics :partytime:  

Breitling Super Ocean II Chrono or Super Ocean Abyss both 44mm (Both from Noob maker) They are around $300 for Chrono and Abyss is movement dependant as you can get it with Sellita which is VG movement.

And having had the Chrono I think they are the best Breitling OTB reps at the moment.....easily good enough for your concerns

I only sold because it was too small for my wrists :)

Here is a link to the orange accent version I sold...have a look as pics are decent than deler pics and there are reviews on here and side by sides with gen for comaprison....

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/162739-sold-breitling-super-ocean-ii-chronograph-44mm-brand-new-noob/

Hi mate  :)  if your looking at a sapphire crystal they do not scratch easy at all, the movement you choose will last you fine but do allow for a service down the line as we don't always get the best movements in our reps, in saying that I have only experienced a couple dodgy ones in the last couple years and lots of reps purchased  ;)

Do a bit of research on the forum for a good model to buy, you could start by checking out the Super rep 2013 thread in my signature.......enjoy and let us know what you get mate, we love pics :partytime:  

You mean when I get the watch I should take it to local watch shop and get it serviced or when it has encountered some problem then take it for service?