When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot batten dial?

CokeSmurf

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a new hub, but can't seem to find any more info of any other members owning one, so I am asking you guys about the quality of the rep, and how good they really are!

I'm really in to the "batten" style indexes on the dial, but none of them seem to be V6 versions, so help me out finding which one seems the be the best (As don't really mind the small differences between then, since I am anyway going to get a new strap for it!)

Here are the ones i've been looking at:

BB 44mm V7 IceBang 2
http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-44mm-v7-full-ceramic-ice-bang-ii

BB 44mm All Black Fantasy Ed. (I'm aware that this is a fantasy edition, but what can be changed to make is as look as gen as possible, like the date wheel for example.)

http://puretime.co/product/big-bang-all-black-ii-fantasy-edition/

BB 44mm 2009 style Batten dial. (This one seems to be the best at the moment)

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_326&products_id=5703&zenid=b9754a5da6b4522d587f6fe1534f791c

BBK 48mm Batten style dial PVD
http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_292&products_id=5497&zenid=b9754a5da6b4522d587f6fe1534f791c

So, lets here it!

Thanks guys,

CS

The Evolution dial (batton) is nice mate and a good choice however if you dont plan on modding.... then I would stick to the V6 (TAG) maker and V6 range of 44mm HBs... also try looking at the HBB King 45mm ...Black magic...

However if you are happy with the 48mm size.... and want the best OTB 48 BBK then IMHO its the Black Magic II A7750 from H maker...it is ceramic black case with genuine CF dial and superlumed with clear hue strong AR.... I had one ..I have had all the BBK 48s...and IMHO its the best OTB 48.. I did a review of it on here somewhere... The other big thing i liked about it was the markers are extremely well polished like the gen...the reps generally arent as well polished and so dont catch the light does like the gens do

And Sead at Supermirrors is offering them at $215 dollars at the moment...I paid $300 ...and other dealers still sell it for the same if not more...I think Sead has a line of them from the H maker who has probably dropped price to wind down the model stock... though other delaers havent reflected that drop...

So go and look on Seads section at his BBK Black Magic II...best value and best OTB 48mm rep defo..

Also wears very comfy because of ceramic and feels light on the wrist...as the gen does...

Only reall flaw is the LE engraving on CB and H...as its not an LE...but thats minor.....

Looks pretty awesome!
The one thing that caught my eye as a possible fault (Please correct me if I am wrong here!) is that the date window seems to be too "centered", and too far into the dial. 
Is it just me, or should the date window be closer to the rehaut?

Looks pretty awesome!

The one thing that caught my eye as a possible fault (Please correct me if I am wrong here!) is that the date window seems to be too "centered", and too far into the dial. 

Is it just me, or should the date window be closer to the rehaut?

No mate DW is correctly spaced....I wouldnt have worn it if it werent...plus I had this next to a gen.... my mate was pretty [censored] !!

This is 48mm with 7750 which is the smae as gen 1400 is based on... whereas the 48 in your link is using a 2892 clone

I see, I've heard that the 1400 is an extremely modified ETA 2894-2, but I've also heard from other places that it is a modified ETA 7750 (Speaking of the gen now.)
On the 48mm, how does it sit on the wrist, does it sit well for being such a large watch, or does one need rather large wrists?

What of the BB 2009 style (3rd link i believe), how would you say it fares OOB, and its possible flaws?