When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubber pam strap identification: rep or real?

Fracture

Hello. I bought a supposedly genuine rubber strap a few days ago. I'd like to know if anyone can verify if this is actually a gen one? I have a rep of the same style and it is exactly the same. Thickness, molding seams, logo's/letters, bend ability, feel etc. all seem the same to me (I don't have a microscope though). the only difference I can notice is that the "gen" one is odorless, while the rep has a chemical smell (not vanilla). This really has me puzzled. Are the reps that good or was I just simply scammed?

Included some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/QONh6 The one on the watch is a rep.

Thank you for any input.

Edited by j3t

Depends on rep manufacturer and version. H fac stuff I've tried is easy to tell... Earlier versions of 2011 had vanilla scent, later ones were lacking flexibility. A couple noob ones from early 2013 were excellent and I could not tell th from my gen, only sorted them by buckles as these are way off from any source. Bought a 390 Noob a few months back, and the rubber it come with from TD was visibly poorer quality, wrong shade of black and not as soft, so go figure. I personally will only buy accessories from AD or boutique, otherwise you are risking to get taken...