When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bronzo

sul

:surrender:

I was off a  two years from RWG and reps, I am kind of "back" but  if, then will buy only PAM reps now, don´t ask why.

But how are thing with this beauty? Bronzo, real bronze case  not these cheap reps, is any information about this watch( rep)? Will be available in future or not...any information?  I like unusual PAM`s...

I know there is some horrible gold plated "Bronzo" reps avaiilable...but... they are totally crap. 

I rellly like  that watch and want it, hopefully some maker will make decent one :pimp:

If  perfect 243  V2 was out  and now 389 will be out soon...it is basically same watch... different materials and colors... would not be hard to make some HQ Bronzo also IMHO...

panerai-luminor-submersible-1950-3-days-PANERAI%2B1950%2BLuminor%2BSubmersible%2panerai_image.2180888.jpg

Edited by sul

As far as I know the case for the rep is gold plated, not bronze. For me, unless they do it properly I wont be buying it, its my grail watch and I would be all over it if they could do it in a solid bronze case. 

As far as I know the case for the rep is gold plated, not bronze. For me, unless they do it properly I wont be buying it, its my grail watch and I would be all over it if they could do it in a solid bronze case. 

+10,372

• 1 month later...

Apparently the rep one being currently made is the maritime quality bronze ie CuSn8.

So we will see a rep that has correct material and more importantly will patina as gen

From my understanding they are using a gen 389 case for shaping it and as you say its about 2 months away from release :)

They are also using that gen case for a new 305 too :)

• Like 1

I still worry that it will end up being Uni bronze etc...

They are saying CuSn8... well the maker doesnt understand phospor bronze alloys and leaded bronze etc and is relying on the case maker ... who apparently when asked by maker  "nodded agreeably" !!

I can just visualise that scenario... what we missed from the answer given by the maker was the guy that "nodded agreeably" then turned to his mate who asked "What did they want?" and he replied "Dont know... I just nodded"

:)

Problem is they are replicating from a 389 for case shape so the patina means nothing to them like it would to us.... just like how they palm off the steel quality in reps especially PAMs... ;)